Dubia Colony: The Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
OK, so, I've had my dubias since Xmas, so just about a month. I have mebbe 35 adults, not sure of the male:female ratio. I have temps working nicely. Still not sure about my humidity, but I'm keeping plenty of water gel in there, and don't trust my hygrometer.

The thing is, other than to throw in the occasional veggie/fruit to supplement the roach chow, at this point there's nothing left to do but twiddle my thumbs and wait for a few months, right?

Steve

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Steve these guys are pretty much indestructable and B. Dubia can survive in low humidity say like 25% if need be. If you're getting good molts on them than your humidity is probably fine. I wouldn't sweat it. Keep the heat up, I supply mine w/ produce as it disappears 24/7, keep the chow and gel filled.... THEN sit back and twiddle your thumbs. Mother nature can be a real .... Slowpoke sometimes! Thought I was going down a different road there didn't ya?! :mrgreen:

-Ian
http://www.theroachranch.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom