Dry, Black, Poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently, my Beardie's been pooping dry and black poop, almost looking like it's melted and burnt a bit. I'm assuming the dry part is because he's not getting enough water (which he would get from his veggies or water bowl... if he actually went for either...), but I'm a bit concerned about the black part. Is there something really wrong with that? Also, dunno if it's because of this or not, but he almost always poops in his basking area, so I'm guessing it COULD be that he's pooping normally but I don't notice it right away and it could dry out a bit, but I'd like to know if someone has had something similar. His urate seems to be normal, though.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
As pooh does dry out under the lights it will darken. You can give him bathes for hydration as he will either drink in the bath or absorb it through his vent. He may also be a bit dehydrated. I have a small bin I fill with warm water to the shoulders and let them soak for about 20-30 minutes. You can even train them to pooh in the bath if you figure out when they pooh each day. I bathe mine an hour after they have breakfast and they pooh in the bath every time. Dump it in the toilet, makes cleanup so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom