drumroll...introducing Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendylady

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for about a year now ( i feel like i know you all) and I finally got my first beardie (prol' not the last :wink: ) from Jeff at California Citrus Dragons - so without further ado: HARVEY!

I hope it goes through. :?

I drove three hours to pick him up and Jeff was kind enough to meet me half way, so he wouldn't be stressed by shipping. See guys, I'm already a good beardie slave. :D

He is still VERY skittish, so i haven't taken any pics of him at home yet (above is courtesy of jeff) i am trying to not handle him more than necessary until he settles in. I am already deeply in love.

He ate a whole bunch of dandelion greens the minute we got home, but hasn't touched them since. He has been chowing down on pw's and silkworms pretty willingly although i thought he would eat way more, maybe he just needs to settle in. vet is scheduled tomorrow, just for a checkup. Thanks for all the advice, everyone. Love, harvey and his personal assistant, wendy

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello & Welcome to BD.org!
And.......
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Baby! :blob8:
You got a beautiful baby :love5: from Jeff. :wink:
Thanks so much for sharing Harvey's pic.

An Again Welcome Aboard! :D

Hmm....3 hour drive does that mean your in California too? :wink:

wendylady

Original Poster
Yep, we are in central California. Building an outdoor enclosure for the babies for the nice warm summers. Is there some sort of local herp club in cali? ive been looking and have joined TOOSLO (for the tortoises) but haven't found a herp club

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You know I'm not sure about the herp or reptile club, but I'm sure that MaryAnn (Lizardgrrl) would know. I'll check into it. I'm in Fresno...duh :oops: ... fresnowitte. :lol: MaryAnn is in the Bay Area and rescues alot of beardies. We have alot of members here from California.

We do have some awesome Reptile Shows in Cali too. :wink: My favorite is the NARBC in September in Anaheim.

wendylady

Original Poster
Barbara - i have enjoyed your posts so much, especially watching zac-n-wheezie grow up :love5:
I am traveling frequently from san jose to yosemite to palm desert to chino/la area. I would like to help with rescue trains, did that ever get off the ground? Anyhow, please let me know if i can ever help in any of your areas. I work with mainly tortoises and snakes, harvey is my first lizard. I can't thank you all enough for all the great info - i feel so confidant that my new baby is getting a great home. :blob5: thanks everyone, wendy

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Thank-You Wendy! :D

I haven't kept up with the rescue train lately. :oops:
But we do have a fellow Californian that is in need of fostering out an;or rehoming
some of her rescues right now. I don't have the link off hand but MaryAnn (Lizardgrrl) one of our members from the Bay Area that has rescued so many in the past has stumbled across a situation that she had no way of forseeing an is in need of help...so if you know of anyone that might be willing to adopt or foster she sure could use our help right now. :wink:

Oh my goodness, he is so ADORABLE!! you are going to love watching him grow up! it is the best part of the baby process! I wish i had gotten mine as a baby, but i love him just as much even though i didn't. good luck to you and your new baby!! and congratulations!! :]

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Wendy! and thank you Barbara, for alerting me to this post! Harvey is beautiful :love5: :laughing6: :love5: , as are all I've seen of Jeff and Cyndy's babies, and if he is one of the Horus x Ginger babies, I have one of his sisters, Paprienne! I haven't posted pictures with all my turmoil, but she is one of my babies remaining with me, a sweetheart and a little butterball! As far as clubs in the area, BAARS meets tonight in Palo Alto, and I actually get to go for the first time since last May, when I joined. If you want to go, pm me or check the website, http://www.baars.org, for directions. The doors open at 7:30, and the meeting starts "promptly" at 8 p.m. Barbara, if you ever want to come up for it, let me know, because that would definitely be a special event! And if anyone wants to meet up at the Herp World Expo, May 16th and 17th at the Cow Palace in Daly City, HINT, HINT, HINT... :wave:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Heck that's right I forgot that you have one of Jeff's babies too MaryAnn. Now darn you guys I can't fit anymore but if I could I sure would like to have one of Jeff's.

lizardgrrl":a58a0 said:
Barbara, if you ever want to come up for it, let me know, because that would definitely be a special event! And if anyone wants to meet up at the Herp World Expo, May 16th and 17th at the Cow Palace in Daly City, HINT, HINT, HINT... :wave:
I haven't forgotten about the Baars an once the weather has come to a full time warm weather I'll definitely give it some heavy thought. :wink:

I feel that hint! :lol: I'll bring it up to Frank and see what he says. Though I wouldn't know for sure until closer to the show as with Frank being a HVAC-r tech it's a busy time of year for him, but I'll see what I can do. At any rate I have a feeling we might actually get to meet in person this Summer. :wink:

wendylady

Original Poster
[quote="lizardgrrl" if he is one of the Horus x Ginger babies, I have one of his sisters, Paprienne!

he is a horus x ginger baby. Awww Harvey has a sister! :love5: He is still hating me and giving me the evil eye every time i go near the cage. He even puffed up his beard at me when i put food in - he haz attitude, hehe. Any tips on introducing handling?
i wish i could make it to palo alto, but its a little too far for a worknight, maybe in the future. cow palace is already in my datebook - just don't tell the hubby :twisted: i brought up the rescue train again because i have family in modesto, san jose, palm desert etc... bring a beardie home would be a good excuse to see family and i'd love to help out. anyways, thanks for the kind words -wendy

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Wendy
So glad to hear Harvey is getting use to his new home. It was nice meeting you, and I hope you keep in touch with pictures of his growth in the coming years.

Blessings
Jeff & Cyndy

wendylady

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I will definitely keep in touch. Harvey has just gotten brighter and more beautiful as he is settling in. He still isn't eating as voraciously as i would like and he is still pretty jumping and skittish, but i can tell he is settling down. Thanks again for my baby. -wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom