Drooping Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Now, this potentially may be nothing, but it's got me quite worried nonetheless, and I'm better safe than sorry.

Picture223.jpg

He just finished shedding today, and has naturally been eating less frequently, though he's at no point completely stopped. He's about 9 and a half inches long. He's also been occasionally breathing erratically, really quick short breaths, but this has only been observed during handling. I also forgot to turn his nightlight on last night, which I use because my apartment gets around sixty five at night.

This morning, I put in at least 20, more likely 25-30 crickets, and when I came back there were seven left, so he's still eating, but I wanna nip this in the bud.

Sorry if this is just pointless worrying.

Benedict

Original Poster
Thanks. Although, he's actually still not eating right, even though he finished his shed. He's only eaten a handful of insects. Like 10, and he didn't eat much yesterday, either. It's extremely odd for him to eat so little. Last time he shed, he ate a ton the next day.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Have you gotten a fecal done on him lately?

Lack of appetite can single parasites or high levels of coccida.

Sometimes, it just takes a little while for them to warm up again to eating, I know Shenron is like that, though he is much older.

Benedict

Original Poster
He actually didn't eat anything at first, and then he pooped in the feeding container (naturally, I removed the poo before feeding him again). The poo looked quite healthy. White urate and long, moist, perfectly solid brown one. After that he ate about 7 crickets and 1 worm. Even the day he shed, he ate 20 crickets in the morning.

I know, I'm prolly worrying over nothing, but that's how I get.

Benedict

Original Poster
Okay, this morning he ate 19 crickets in one sitting and I thought he was out of it, but now he won't touch his food at all, and he's acting completely listless. Just won't move without me moving him. When I put him on the plate, he just lies down flat on his stomach and head. Tried giving him a bath, in which he usually is CONSTANTLY moving, but just sat there, this time. I also think he's starting to lose a bit of weight, but it might just be the lack of crickets in his gut.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Definitely get that fecal done. The stool does not have to be runny as a sign of parasites. All the things you are mentioning are usually a sign of a parasitic infection. Could you also tell me the temps on both the cool side and the basking area? What brand and type of UVB are you using? How old?

Thanks.

Benedict

Original Poster
It's about 100-115 basking temp, 75-85 on the cool end. And I'm using a reptisun 10.0 fluorescent, which is about three weeks old.

If it is a parasitic infection, is there anyway I can detect/treat it without going to a vet? I'm not in possession of a great deal of money, and the vets here are outrageously expensive.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Unfortunately no, not really. However, a fecal test can be done at a regular cat or dog vet since they are essentially looking for the same thing. Just don't let them treat him.

Since your setup looks fine, that's what I'm assuming this is.

We still need to get him to eat though. I know you are not supposed to feed lettuce, but when my beardie wouldn't eat, I'd use that as an appetite stimulant. Worked great. However, have you tried squash baby food? People here on the forums swear by it.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Also, you don't really need a light at night for temps, you can easily use a ceramic heat emitter, if temps fall below the 65*F range.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom