Dried nasal discharge but no URI signs?

SupportDragon

Original Poster
Hello,

Oh poor guy, I hope he starts to feel better. That sounds like it would be painful for him. Hopefully all of
the infection clears up.
His teeth look greatly improved, awesome job! Persistence has paid off.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
He shed his mucosal lining in his stool yesterday (it wasn’t just mucusy, the full lining shed). His stool was also entirely undigested food. I floated the sample twice and the only ova I saw was one pinworm. This happened back in October as well. Metronidazole cleared the issue at the time. I’m wondering if there are any suggestions for what I can feed him to help with the issue?
I should also note his head and legs are shedding right now and he was shedding when he had this issue in October.
He’s seeing his doctor Thursday to remove his sutures so she may have some thoughts, but I’m wondering what to do until then. All of his bowel movements have been healthy since his surgery. He just received a ponazuril dose on Saturday. He was on meloxicam from Friday December 8-Friday December 15. He’s been on probiotics for 3 weeks (along with ceftazidime).
I wonder if it’s something related to inflammation in his bowels/GI tract. His daily diet is dark leafy greens (dandelion greens last week) and one other veggie that I change daily (last week was steamed broccoli, bell peppers, and blueberries). He also gets a few small dubias. The greens, bell pepper, and roaches were all undigested in his stool. Should I switch to baby food until Thursday? Should I steam all of his veggies to aid in digestion?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you tried some Bromelain to help with GI tract issues? It is a great enzyme to help out with
tummy issues.
The meloxicam is notorious for causing intestinal distress, so that is possible it could be causing some
problems also. You can certainly keep him on softer foods for awhile until it clears up more again. The
steaming of his vegetable might help, so you can do that as well if you would like.
You are getting his stitches out this thursday?
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom