Dresser to custom enclosure, In process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROMMELLAG

My brother was throwing out this night stand dresser type thing he had his 40 breeder on. So I figured I would use it for an enclosure. With some mdf I had laying around and some 1x2 furring strips I turned this Into a custom enclosure. I am waiting on the tracks from mcmaster carr. I will be sanding, filling, sanding,and slapping laminate on this bad boy If I dont spend all my money at repticon this weekend. Does anyone have any experience with the ceramic light fixtures? Do they have to be mounted to a box or coul I just mount them directly to the enclosure. Will update with pictures later.

ROMMELLAG

Original Poster
100_2386.jpg

100_3139.jpg

I got the tracks in a day from mcmaster carr!!! Excellent service. They are in place and ready to go just cant see them. I also will be ordering locks and sliding door pulls from cold blooded cages!!! Now if I could just figure out wha kind of formica I want to put on this thing I'd be good. The dimensions are 40x24x18on the bottom, and the 2 on the top are the same size except they are only 15 high.

Do you have any updated pictures of this one? Sorry I think this is an old post. Just curious. I'm getting a bearded dragon pretty soon and I'm getting ideas :)

ROMMELLAG":d2okekmm said:
Does anyone have any experience with the ceramic light fixtures? Do they have to be mounted to a box or coul I just mount them directly to the enclosure. Will update with pictures later.

Are you talking about a Porcelain Lampholder? If yes, as a licensed electrician, I can only say defiantly YES they should be mounted using an appropriate box. Most electrical boxes are often unsightly in an enclosure so people try to not use them. I recommend going to a local electrical supplier and asking for a "Low Profile" or "Pancake" box. They are rather thin, less bulky and have plenty of room for a couple wire nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom