Dragon Soap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have sent it to you, I made triple sure, and it's gone by airmail. I think Rich has the receipt around here somewhere, so if it doesn't turn up by the end of the week, I'll go have words with the post office - get them to refund me and send you another one free of charge :)

Looks like the worst of the strikes are through, but there's still a few holdups. :S

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have been without the net for a while!

I got the soap, and tried it! i got a few licks then she set back and enjoyed the scrub! Like a real lady, she went very light and for the very first time seemed to really enjoy her bath! Yay!!

B

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the delay in response folks - have only just had chance to get online (is 20 to 10pm here) as have been working like a maniac... Another batch of soaps will be posted out before the end of the week, so swing your orders in and I'll get those sent out sharpish :)

Hehehe, well, every ingredient is with the dragon in mind, both cleaning wise and aromatherapy based. Whilst it does bizarrely smell like licorice, the necessary oils are still in the blend :D

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
would love to try some, but i hate licorice and everything about it. i'd rather put pepper juice in my eye then get close to licorice haha. let me know when you have a different smell!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
When I say licorice, it's to give people an idea of what sort of smell to expect - it's a little aniseedy and it smells very similar to plasticine smushed with sweets - it's verrrry strange. Bearing in mind I often rely on other people to tell me what something smells like (or my dragons) - my sense of smell doesn't work very well! (I'm sat next to the bag and can't actually smell it unless I shake it!)

Having done just that, I can definitely confirm top comments. It's got the faint note of basil and a lot of yucca scent, but ask the others, they'll give you their opinions too :)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I haven't heard back from some of you - have your bars turned up yet?

I have also invested in a bottle of vegetable glycerol to practise with - it's in the freezer until I have time (and bottles) to test a liquid version. :)

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Oh yes, i dont really like aneceed, but Gizmo seems to love it, is just sits still and floats while i scrub away, and after rinsing off i get a thankyou kiss! Just like royalty she is lol!!

The bar that you sent was huge and wer are still only a third of the way through!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
*beams delightedly*
I'm glad to hear it - I seem to have hit a good scent for dragons - my two love it as well! Give Giz a hug from us, and a wave from Kyle.

Those that ordered: I'm parcelling them up now and (weather permitting) will be sending out in the next day or two. We've got shocking gales and flooding here - my greenhouse has been wrecked in the bad weather :(

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, Charlie's been a little stinky lately. If i could get a price on it & shipping (virginia beach,va) i'd appreciate it.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
*beams* Done and done.

I'm rather pleased to say we're down to the last three bars of the original test batch, and I'm getting reports from several users that their dragons love it! Hurray! I hope the latest lot are arriving safely, my poor partner walked through the heaving rain to get those out to you :D (a wash will do him good, don't worry :p)

With the proceeds from the soap so far as promised, I bought some butterworms for our week's trip up north to my home town and small box of mixed silkworms for the dragons to try - they adore them and send their thanks. Kyle was a bit bemused by a dinner that literally danced, until it waved a bit close to her nose and she ate it. Yum. (I never realised just how powerful a silkworms feet are, they don't half hang on tight!)

As mentioned, in the new year I'll be looking for another testing manufacturer to help me run up some new "flavours" and hopefully look at doing the products properly. As you know, I'm also looking at the liquid soap variety - this is still underway, and will be experimenting a bit more come the new year. I was looking at getting some labels done by a company that said it did as few as a hundred. Turns out their idea of one hundred is actually one hundred THOUSAND. Thanks, but no thanks.

I would like to know though - what sort of colours do you think we should have on the label? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom