Dragon sex change??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, well that got you to open it, hehe. Okay so I have a dragon that i'm having a hard time sexing. I know that on breeder sites they often say that "all females are sold as probable females" Is this because if easier for a "boy" to look like a "girl" when they're young or is it because people tend to get more upset about finding out their girl is a boy instead of finding out their boy is a girl, from a breeding stand point.

My girlfriend has these grand breeding plans :roll: And says that we can't have any more boys.....and it's looking like my new baby girl might be a new baby boy.....and she says she/he has to go if she's a he. :cry:

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh, i'm loaded on beardies (that's the problem) This one was a hypo pastel that the breeder at the reptile show gave us for free because we bought another dragon.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
don't worry. I'll trade ya a gal for your guy if it comes to that. Mine has fantastic genetics. It's a PetsmartxPetco 100%Het for Petland!!!
You don't get any better than that! lol (obviously we got Mushu from a corporate petstore and have no clue what her genetics are lol, but she's pretty! hehe

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well my tranny baby is a very pretty Hypo pastel. And i'm pretty sure petstore kid or not, you aren't going to be willing to give yours up. I have 2 petland kids myself, so I know how it goes.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
I would be murdered in my sleep if I tried to give Mushu away! She's the one Jamie called me from the Petstore all excited saying I just had to "come see her, cause she's sooooo pretty and she just hopped right onto my hand!"

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haha, yea I don't want to face that wrath. Plus your kidding yourself if you think she'd wait til you were alseep to kill you.

I just really hope that my girl stays a girl :?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Well, if they all end up being boys just tell your girlfriend that you can start a stud service. All of the fun and none of the responsibility of feeding all those poopers. If they have good bloodlines you can charge a fee and take the pick of the clutch, just like in dog breeding. :wink:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I found a few of my girls at about 2-3 months old when they're in the 8 to 10 inch range can start to look like boys because they get a dimple in the middle behind the lump as they gain weight. Then as they grow out a little more they look like girls again. When boys are at 4-6 weeks and they get their little bumps, it become easy and obvious at that point, that's how they know for sure when its a boy. Girls are hard to tell unless you have a boy the same size to compare side by side, then you're like "oh" and see the difference. I'm sure most of that made no sense at all.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
1249923012.jpg

Belle on her way for a second opinion on her "sex change" So it's looking like I was jumping the gun, she is still a she..........but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom