Dragon Rubbing Nose on Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rger

My dragon is rubbing her nose against the wall of the tank constantly. She's molting, and she acts a little funny during the molt, but I'm not sure why she's doing this. I'd rather avoid having her develop a callous on her nose if I can.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
hi :)

if she is only starting to do it during this shed, it just might be b/c shedding can be uncomfortable, and the tend to rub and get ancy and run around if they itch or are getting ready to bust out of their old scales so the new ones can come out ... it *could* just be that going through this shed is driving her batty :shock:

does she do it all the time, or just as the shed has come on?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
my dragons do it for only 2 reasons:

1. it's feeding time and they are trying to get down to where the food is.

2. they are trying to get out of the viv. <--- with this one the best way to get them to stop is to take them out for a little bit. they are very curious creatures and like to explore. when you let them run around and look at things, even if it is only the couch, they calm down exponentially.

if you let them rub against the glass they will end up wearing down the skin on their face creating an open wound and become prone to infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom