Dragon recovering from Coxcidia.... what type of babyfood ne

Status
Not open for further replies.

madavies65

Hatchling Member
Nim has had mites for the past 2 weeks (which she got off the pet shop she stayed in while I was on holiday! GRRR) and I took her to the vets after the meds didnt work, anyhow he took a stool sample and she also had an increase in coxcidia, which was probably brought on my the stress of mites...

Anyhow she hasnt been eating and he recommended babyfood as part of ehr recovery (gave meds too)... And I was wondering what type of babyfood I should get her?

She was really lethargic on friday, saturday I took her in and she is looking alot brighter and perkier now but I still isnt eating...

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hey there,
I use chicken/turkey and squash babyfood as my personal favourite. Lots of protien and squash is packed full of goodness and is a good aid to help weight gain.

Any poultry and veg mix would be fine, but make sure whatever you get is organic.

Holly

madavies65

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahh ok, I just went down and got some

Apricot, butternut squash and chicken paste... will see if she licks this off her snout today, though hopefully she has eaten the roaches I left in there for her... I have just been readding on the infectious diseases section and there is alot of info on Coccidia... Its a bloody pain, will see if the mites have gone too, though the last batch of meds didnt work! Sigh

Its a good job I have a hospital tank, poor nim has been out of her viv for 2 days now as the fumes dissepate from her bigger viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom