Dragon Not Pooping on Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 9 month old dragon has stopped "going" on her own. She has spent a good deal of time at the vet. She has been through 30 days of antibiotics both oral and injection. She has been x-rayed, so she is not impacted. They found some pneumonia, which was the reason for the antibiotics. Still no go.

She lives on reptile carpet, not sand in a 40 gallon breeder tank. I keep the warm end at about 95 and the cooler end is 85ish. I bumped it up when she was being treated for pneumonia. She has had 3 fecal checks. I gave enemas every few days while she was on the antibiotics. Once the antibiotics where finished, she still is not "going." She doesn't eat very much, but she is eating and actually gained weight during the treatment time.

Otherwise she looks like a happy, healthy, fat lizard. The next step is to try some oral calcium. Anyone have any ideas about this?

ok, i had the same issue a few years ago, and what i did was to give warm baths, tummy rubs, and iceburg lettuce. I know, iceburg is supposed to be bad, with no nutritional value, but it causes diareah, which should loosen her up. She probably will become dehydrated, so give plenty of water and pedialyte. Do this by soaking her in it and syringe feeding. This has helped me with many dragons poo problems, but sometimes you just have to let them figure it out on their own :/ hope this works for you!!!

felixandfideaux

Original Poster
It is good to hear that I am not the only one with this problem. I feel like I have exhausted most of my options. :banghead: I am hoping the calcium supplement helps get things moving...but it is good to have additional options if things don't get better after the two weeks. Thank you for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom