dragon has a preference for a particular brand of crickets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnsNova

Hi. My buddy Zydrunas is 8 months old today.
Up until recently he was a great eater, just about constantly shedding. I have a dubia colony but it's only a couple months old and not ready to feed from yet. Previously I had been getting my crickets shipped from Flukers with no problems. I just found a local supplier where I can pick them up, they're cheaper and I avoid shipping costs. I have gotten two orders of 1000 adult crickets from this local pet store. Zydrunas almost immediately turned his nose up at the new brand of crickets. Now he hardly eats any. I try to hand feed him and he just closes his eye and turns his head.
Could he have a taste preference? I feed my crickets the same roach chow I feed the dubia, and he seemed to really enjoy the couple adult male dubia that I've given him. Another possibility I considered, could the new crickets have possibly carried coccidia? If so, could that effect his appetite so drastically? His stool looks normal in all aspects.
Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). I know my like the local crickets I get. I ran out (due to my cat eating them all) so I had to go to Petsmart. Both of mine hate Petsmart crickets! Wouldn't touch them. Also at that age he could be going through slow down because he is near adult size and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom