Dragon bowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.been awhile since I've inquired about our lil beardie.all is well.she is growing,about 7 mos old and about 12" now.finally figured her preferred bug taste.loves her dubias,tho ugh,I hate handling them..just creepy crawlers.she is also eating waaaay more crickets than she used too.she is having her regular dump.if not everyday,every couple days.but today I saw her bowel log,which they are getting bigger but I figure as she grows they'll get bigger..but today kinda mixed w/the white part is a lil orange..is that ok or normal?haven't noticed before.just seen today.nothing has changed.crickets from the same farm store here..dubias from same online place I get from.sometimes she chomps on my lavender plant that looks like a succulent cross..blue betty lavender..I looked up and said ok to give as treat.time to time she chomps on it.haven't seen any change in her bowel..last chomp was day before yesterday..today is Saturday, so on Thursday.never seen the orange in her white part of her turds.last couple days, thurs and fri we took her out w/us to do some errands.it was hot and sunny.she was chilling on my son's shoulders doing her gapping thing towards end.wasn't gone long but didn't have time in my day so much to take her out in our backyard. So I thought,she come w/us.idk..she seemed fine,didn't seem stressed.was just chilling and checking out the scenery.could the orange be a sign of being out too much?she's not acting weird,eating,drinking fine.active and cuddly.lighting is fine,got uvb light,Temps right.am I just being paranoid?she not acting stressed.been shedding too.not so much w/in this past wk but she's had some major shed.poor thing.I trust any input from folks on here cuz pet stores don't know crap.yall know from experience in actually loving and caring for ur reptile babies.pls,I hope I don't have to be concerned.and so far I can tell she's female.she hasn't acted weird as I said..but haven't experienced being in heat or trying to dig or egg lay..I'm such a newbie.she has carpet in her habitat.I have 2 so I can switch out for a clean one.ok..long post but trying to cover any environmental stuff to rule out anything.and yes,I have calcium for her feeds.thx so much for any input.

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
Zelda1Jasmine":3e9fpmlh said:
Hi there.been awhile since I've inquired about our lil beardie.all is well.she is growing,about 7 mos old and about 12" now.finally figured her preferred bug taste.loves her dubias,tho ugh,I hate handling them..just creepy crawlers.she is also eating waaaay more crickets than she used too.she is having her regular dump.if not everyday,every couple days.but today I saw her bowel log,which they are getting bigger but I figure as she grows they'll get bigger..but today kinda mixed w/the white part is a lil orange..is that ok or normal?haven't noticed before.just seen today.nothing has changed.crickets from the same farm store here..dubias from same online place I get from.sometimes she chomps on my lavender plant that looks like a succulent cross..blue betty lavender..I looked up and said ok to give as treat.time to time she chomps on it.haven't seen any change in her bowel..last chomp was day before yesterday..today is Saturday, so on Thursday.never seen the orange in her white part of her turds.last couple days, thurs and fri we took her out w/us to do some errands.it was hot and sunny.she was chilling on my son's shoulders doing her gapping thing towards end.wasn't gone long but didn't have time in my day so much to take her out in our backyard. So I thought,she come w/us.idk..she seemed fine,didn't seem stressed.was just chilling and checking out the scenery.could the orange be a sign of being out too much?she's not acting weird,eating,drinking fine.active and cuddly.lighting is fine,got uvb light,Temps right.am I just being paranoid?she not acting stressed.been shedding too.not so much w/in this past wk but she's had some major shed.poor thing.I trust any input from folks on here cuz pet stores don't know crap.yall know from experience in actually loving and caring for ur reptile babies.pls,I hope I don't have to be concerned.and so far I can tell she's female.she hasn't acted weird as I said..but haven't experienced being in heat or trying to dig or egg lay..I'm such a newbie.she has carpet in her habitat.I have 2 so I can switch out for a clean one.ok..long post but trying to cover any environmental stuff to rule out anything.and yes,I have calcium for her feeds.thx so much for any input.

Orange/rusted color tint in their urate is usually a sign of internal parasites. I recommend getting a fecal test done at the vets asap, so you don't end up with a sick beardie in the long run.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
LewisBD":2yn4c7jg said:
Zelda1Jasmine":2yn4c7jg said:

Orange/rusted color tint in their urate is usually a sign of internal parasites. I recommend getting a fecal test done at the vets asap, so you don't end up with a sick beardie in the long run.

Can also be indicative of excess calcium. Ask the vet to check for vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your beardie's blood for hypervitaminosis D and hypercalcemia. High calcium is caused by malabsorption & leeching of the bones to maintain calcium serum homeostasis. . see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=233592

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom