Dragon’s spikes falling off. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon23490

Hi i noticed some spikes from my dragon’s beard started to turn black a few weeks ago and thought he was just about to shed. now one or 2 spikes are starting to detach. I applied neosporin couple times 4 or 5 days ago. I have not noticed any bleeding yet. But is this indicating a serious underlying problem or just shedding problem that constricts the flow of blood?? Is there anything i can do about this?

Please see below pictures. All advices are appreciated

Thank you

P/s: my dragon is about 2.5 years old. Ive had him since he was 3 months old. He has crooked tail before i adopted him and has always had a hard time shedding the tail and some other parts of his body. Sometimes whenthe shedding part bleed i apply neosporin and bath him a little more frequent than usual. I ve been doing that since i noticed the falling spike too. Are there any other suggestions??
Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes they do get a bit of trauma to the beard for one reason or another. You can keep putting Neosporin on, or pure aloe [ with NO added ingredients. Buying the plant is a good idea :) ]
It's not usually anything to be really concerned about.

jon23490

Original Poster
AHBD":3rqf5ql1 said:
Hi there, sometimes they do get a bit of trauma to the beard for one reason or another. You can keep putting Neosporin on, or pure aloe [ with NO added ingredients. Buying the plant is a good idea :) ]
It's not usually anything to be really concerned about.
Thanks alot for your response. I feel much relieved now :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, sometimes the beard area is a very difficult area for shedding.
Definitely Aloe is a great idea & is good for moisturizing. Between using the Aloe & the neosporin
that should help out quite a bit for him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlameBeardie
Top Bottom