Draco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Well I got Myself a bearded dragon about a month ago and it I wish i would have sooner! They are a whole lot of fun. He gets costly to feed though seeing how he eats anywhere from 80-150 crix a day. This pic is of him when i first got him, he was amonth old born on 3-9-11 and about 6 inches long. I measured him last night and he is just over 10 inches already.

IMAG0039-1.jpg

Did you really say 80-150 crickets a day? Wow my adult beardy usually eats a good 30-40 you don't want to over feed because I've known beardys can choke on eating to fast.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea he eats them pretty steadily and makes sure they're good and down before the next one so im not too worried about that right now plus I'm ordering small crickets like 1/4". I used to feed him crickets 3 times a day now just twice he still eats close to 100 crixs. I just can't believe how fast he has been growing 4 inches in a month.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
80-150 crickets a day is usually normal for a young beardie so sounds like he's eating well. Young beardies very rarely overeat- they need as much as they can for growing. Adult beardies eat considerably less live food. He is gorgeous, sounds like your doing well with him :D

Yeah for my beardy i order the inch crickets and he sometimes just gives up if he cant catch him. But if a baby is eating that much wow i bet he's growing like super fast.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's the only name that fits a dragon since the movie dragon heart. LOL. it was that or wrex but all the names in my house are D's except my wife.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ChaseMatheson":3fdiekti said:
Yeah for my beardy i order the inch crickets and he sometimes just gives up if he cant catch him. But if a baby is eating that much wow i bet he's growing like super fast.
Just went through his 3rd shed in a month. He has grown 4.5 inches in that month

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So here he is the first day I opened his box at home. 6 inches long on april 18th
216499_1330378156626_1746170183_546653_305533_n.jpg

Here he is last night at a whopping 11 inches 5 inches in a month.
IMAG0044.jpg

Here is his enclosure but not for long at the rate he is growing. Its a 20 gallon long
IMAG0028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom