Draco trying to brumate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had him for 3 years and he's never brumated before.. right now he's just laying in his cage on his rock wall looking sleepy.. I shut off his lights and covered his viv with a blanket to see if he would go to sleep, he didn't. What do you think?

This is what he's doing right now.
DSCF0435.jpg

& yesterday i let him run around the living room and after 5 minutes he ran under my moms china hutch and went to sleep. This is what i found. Lol
DSCF0381.jpg

My Falkor is doing the same thing right now. He will be 2 soon and he brumated last year. He isn't in total brumation mode yet but he is going to bed a lot earlier, before his lights go out.

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
I've had Dewey now since Jan and I believe he is going thru his first brumation with me. It sure has worried me cause its the first time ive experienced it, but he seems to becoming somewhat more active after about 4 or 5 weeks. still hasnt eaten though :(

jenn1116

ive not had a dragon thats brumated, either. kinda wondering what to expect/look for? how long (average) does it last? does it seem to start around a certain age?

BeardieBeauty

Original Poster
Well now he's been active again, when i take him out he runs around and looks out the back door like normal, and he's basking on his log again, maybe he was just feelin lazy that day? Lol, i guess if he dosen't want to brumate i won't make him! More company for me! :wink:

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
You don't have to totally shut the lights down for a dragon to brumate. A lot of people don't do that, and beardies will still go into partial brumation. You may want to try switching his light schedule to 8 hours a day and see what happens. Mine has also been putting himself to bed about 5:30 every night, so I've adjust my light schedule to him.

xZippyx

Had to reply as I have the very same view ha ha, mine has had total freedom to run around the lounge today but decided to get under one of my units!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom