Double Crossfire Build Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I will soon be starting to build a double stacking crossfire 5x3x3 from birch plywood [undecided on thickness, so suggestions are welcome]
With this size I decided I would leave 6" space between the two for air circulation. Seperate from all other fresh air vents.
My question then is: will that space allow the bottom of the top viv to have temps independent of the lower viv; OR should I add insulation? Perhaps like the dense black building foam found in lowes?

I am making both the extra 12" tall to allow for all lighting fixtures to be mounted inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thats this 1st scenario (sp?). The other is this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dragons love to climb :roll: so the other posibility that I am considering is instead of building a horizontal stacking unit; should I build side-by-side vertical enclosures? Which in the given space [unless I choose another location] would be max 3' long each [depth & height are not issues]
They like to spend time together so I would more than likely add a "dragon door" that I can close when they or I decide on seperate space.

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
I would think building a taller rather then wider viv would make it harder to control your heat. Got to have a cool side

dodgersmom

Original Poster
Ya, I decided that after giving more thought to it.

I am still wondering though if the extra 12" will be enough seperation alone for the lighting heat control, or should I add a layer of foam insulation between also? I just don't want the top viv temps to get hotter.

Thanks for reply :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom