dose ANYONE know where to get roaches around ottawa, canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have had my beardie for about 3 months now and i had a red-headed agama or rainbow agama before that an i had always used crickets. For some reason my beardie dosn't really like them anymore and i'm having a hard time getting them to breed, so i thought i would try dubia roaches but can't seem to find any around here, can anyone help me? i'd prefer either lobster or dubia roaches thanx.

MAJ

Hatchling Member
They are tough to find in Canada. I started a colony over the summer, but am at the opposite end of the province from Ottawa.
A couple of old threads on the subject in the Canada forums:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=43742.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=82572.
The first gives a short explanation of the regulatory barriers around importing roaches into Canada. Both give some links to some possible sources in Canada. Not sure if the links or sources are still active.
Good luck!

Hpg613Dragon

Original Poster
ugh well that sucks, i do know it is possible tho to get the roaches over here the guys i got my beardie from ended up gettin a dubia colonie going a while ago, I have no idea how he got them in the first place tho. i'm just waiting to here back from him to see if he has a colonie to sell yet or not. but anywayz thanx.

MAJ

Hatchling Member
I started mine when a local guy was getting out of raising them.
It is possible to get them, but it mostly seems to almost "under the table."
Your best bet is likely the same way I got some... find someone who has them and start asking about them. You may not get hundreds, but you should be able to get a mix of 40 or 50 that is sufficient to get a colony going.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom