Don't you hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
... You clean your beardie's cage, give him a bath, and then he poops in the cage an hour later and SMEARS it EVERYWHERE?
Story of my life right there.
I'll try to get him to poop in the tub which works about half the time, but the other half of the time ^^^ that happens.
Now I'm kind of bad and don't clean the whole cage again, but I do try and clean up as much as I can and then next weekend clean it... hoping that the same thing doesn't happen again...
Must he make the cage dirty all the time? Is it their way of making it smell like them again? OR, I think it may be this. I clean the cage with hot water which makes the tile nice and clean, warm, and a little wet still.

It's still a mystery to me. But when it happens, I'll just look at the cage, then look at him, then look at the cage, and he will tilt his head like "What?", and then I'll just smile, shake my head, and say "I love you"

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
But when it happens said:
Awww....good little beardie slave :laughhard:

I guess I should not tell you that so far Razz *hates* to be near the poop LOL. When he does go in his viv (ON his basking spot!) he will get off and stare at me until I clean it up.....then he goes right back to basking :D, but won't go near it until it is cleaned lol.

So sorry to hear he is such a stinker! Does he have a *usual* time when he goes? Razz is fairly regular about his times and we try to have him out of his viv during that hour.

If he is a *whenever* then I guess that does not help....sorry :roll:

So glad you tell him you love him anyway........
~Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
divinedimension":81hrsw3c said:
Mine seems to be sending me a message. He hates greens so far and poops only in his salad bowl.

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: Genius!! LOLOL (oh, I'm sorry that is happening> :laughhard: )

Sherri":14re0zom said:
divinedimension":14re0zom said:
Mine seems to be sending me a message. He hates greens so far and poops only in his salad bowl.

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: Genius!! LOLOL (oh, I'm sorry that is happening> :laughhard: )

I know he's a smarty pants..poops there EVERY time. Been doing it since he was teeny. When you put salad in his face he turns his head the other direction..carrot, apple, greens, doesn't matter..lol. I'm like COME ON MAN I'm tired of buyin grubs and crickets constantly!

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Sherri":2x2icv5n said:
I guess I should not tell you that so far Razz *hates* to be near the poop LOL. When he does go in his viv (ON his basking spot!) he will get off and stare at me until I clean it up.....then he goes right back to basking :D, but won't go near it until it is cleaned lol.

~Sherri

LoL, Ziggy does the same exact thing, poops on her basking spot and then goes in the middle of her tank and just stares at me until I clean everything up. LOL If I don't clean it right avay she goes nuts and pulls out all the paper towels that are on the floor of the viv.
But she's my baby anyways. :)

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
(Quote/) I guess I should not tell you that so far Razz *hates* to be near the poop LOL. When he does go in his viv (ON his basking spot!) he will get off and stare at me until I clean it up.....then he goes right back to basking , but won't go near it until it is cleaned lol. (/Quote)

Yeah, Rocky is kind of the complete opposite. He loves his poop or something because it just gets smeared everywhere.
hahaha enjoyed all the responses. :)

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
divinedimension":3grku4lf said:
HAHA mine do this too! If I try a new veggie with them or a new fruit, they will eat what they like off of the plate and then poop on the portions they do not like! I'm like seriously? I get the hint guys jeeze lol. Also, my younger two will poop on their basking spot and refuse to go on it until I've washed it off lol. I'm glad they don't smear it everywhere but it does work out that as soon as I've cleaned their vivs and given them their baths they will poop so now I do baths a day before cleaning the vivs. So now I give baths one day clean vivs the next, give it one day off then bath day and then cleaning day. (Except princess who has pin worms, I have to clean her whole viv every time she poops lol)

thanybeauty1":3kf91mu2 said:
divinedimension":3kf91mu2 said:
HAHA mine do this too! If I try a new veggie with them or a new fruit, they will eat what they like off of the plate and then poop on the portions they do not like! I'm like seriously? I get the hint guys jeeze lol. Also, my younger two will poop on their basking spot and refuse to go on it until I've washed it off lol. I'm glad they don't smear it everywhere but it does work out that as soon as I've cleaned their vivs and given them their baths they will poop so now I do baths a day before cleaning the vivs. So now I give baths one day clean vivs the next, give it one day off then bath day and then cleaning day. (Except princess who has pin worms, I have to clean her whole viv every time she poops lol)

I knowwwwwww..LOL. I just talked to a guy who breeds bearded dragons and is a very loving owner. He laughed at me when I told him this and told me that my baby (who he said is actually around 10 weeks old) probably simply isn't interested in greens yet and for me to feed them to him by hand first when I initially introduce them, otherwise...poopy bowl.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
LoL... Luckily Scarlett poops in the same place every day.. It's quite comical b/c she will sit on the edge of her worm bowl or salad bowl and thats where she goes.. The other day I thought oh wow she's fixing to eat her greens! NOPE she's pooping lol

Slave2Scarlett":1xbdg7ky said:
LoL... Luckily Scarlett poops in the same place every day.. It's quite comical b/c she will sit on the edge of her worm bowl or salad bowl and thats where she goes.. The other day I thought oh wow she's fixing to eat her greens! NOPE she's pooping lol
Hmmm this makes me wonder if maybe she IS eating her greens (my beardie) but only in small amounts and hence the poop since greens are in and out real fast.

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's weird. Rocky has only pooped in his bowl maybe once or twice. He generally poop in the same area but not the exact spot everyday and certainly not in his veggie bowl lol. Thankfully, he loves his veggies... In fact, that's about the only place he doesn't spread his present. lol

jjh1

Juvie Member
Striker my male poops sometimes in the same spot in his cage but he looks at me and waits until I clean it up and also when he is about to poop he gets all anxious and weird so I know he has to go.
He does poop in the tub though most of the time there is just the odd time in his viv.

Athena only poops in her tub time she doesnt poop at all in the viv.
Funny are they lol but you gotta love them.
Oh and I have the same problem they will eat crix and kingworms veggies heck no but I keep offering and switching it up on them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom