Don't use glass eyedroppers for feeding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Just an FYI if anyone is using them, don't use them. Today Franklin bit the end off of his and swallowed it in all its jagged, wickedly sharp glory :(

I'm just hoping he can pass it. Don't want anyone else to experience this, sooo heads up, don't use glass use plastic eyedroppers.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Aw poor guy, I hope he's ok!

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought one for my little hatchlings....

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I crammed about 1oz of olive oild down his throat after he swallowed the glass bits, with his old de-worming syringe.

Fingers crossed lets just say a little prayer for Franklin to have a strong digestive tract

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Randy, how frightening ! Someone else had that experience a while ago, but I can't remeber if they updated or what the outcome was....You might want to try some canned pumpkin as well, if he'll take it it might " cushion " any sharp pieces in his system. I hope all comes out O.K. !

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
omg. poor Franklin :(

i have plastic ones, and Tasty Treat will chew on it whenever I try to give her anything with it. Makes it easier to feed her, but if it was glass it I would be in the same situation.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
One of our bds bit the end of a syringe off. She finally past it a few days later. Be prepared to put on some gloves and go searching.
I only use the syringes with the thicker tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom