Don't care for Phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas4nep

My beadie doesn't really care for Phoenix worms. I got them from Phoenix worm.com and they are really great to deal with. I ordered 400 to try and that was a week ago and I still have 300 left. I put 20 ofthem in a white bowl and he just stares at them from upon his throne. I can only get him to eat a few if I place them one at a time at his feet. He can be such a brat. He is now just starting to chase crickets, before I would have to make them run to him. I think he is lazy. He will not come off his purch for nothing but salad and he won't eat that unless I am not looking. He doesn't eat much salad either. He is 11" long now and I am not really sure how old he is, I am still trying to find out.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi,
I'm not sure if you're asking a question or sharing your experience :oops: ...so I'll just tell you what I've noticed & ask a few quick questions. :D
Is it possible for you to post a picture of him? That may help with figuring out his age, which would help figure out why he's not moving around too much. I have a soon-to-be 7 month old and around 6 months she started getting lazy...plus she was spoiled when we first got her (then we got Taz and he caused trouble lol) so if she's going through a shed or something and doesn't want to climb down to get her PWs or chase her crickets, she knows I'll hand feed her :roll: ...Yes, I'm a beardie slave lol. Taz (soon to be 5 months old) is pretty active. I can always hear him tearing up his paper towels from the next room, but typically, from my experience with Kaira and what I've read, they do get lazy as they get older.
Anyways, he's not showing signs of pain or having trouble moving about? What about a tail nip?
Some just don't care for PWs. I do know what you mean about not putting too many in at once...if I do that with crickets, neither one of mine know what to think lol. Some beardies are more shy about eating...mine are the opposite...they usually won't eat (except their greens) unless we're in the room with them (we use feeding tubs too).
If you were just sharing your experience and having one of those :banghead: moments lol, I'm sorry about the questions I asked.
Abi

mas4nep

Original Poster
I am sorry it was just information but I appreciate you answering. It was really about eating and he is very active but just not to eat because he is a shy eater. Both my BD are in excellent health, they both just had their well checks and pooh checks at the vet this week and are in great shape. They are both as different as night and day, one is 2 1/2 and I just bought the other on this site and am just waiting for his breeder to get back to me on his birth date. He is very spoiled and wants to be hand fed and of course I do. I ordered th PW's because everyone seems to rave about them and I don't like to feed crickets so I was trying to get a substitute until my dubia colony gets ready to feed off of. Eragon is spoiled and of course me and my wife love and worry about them all the time. If you have suggestions about a shy eater please write back, suggestions are always welcome.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
You said you use a white bowl. Try another color. I know it sounds weird, but most of them have proplems with white. My Bogie loves his PWs but I don't think he can see them on white. The cats now use the white bowl. :lol: I put his food in a green bowl and he pounces on it. On his lazy days I set him beside the bowl, he can't ignore the wigglies, no matter how badly he wants to train me. :lol: Anyway good luck.

Sandy H

mas4nep

Original Poster
Thank you I will try that, it makes sense. he actually ate 12 Pw's today if I put them on his slate floor which is brown so that makes sense. I put in a MVB this week and today he wents nuts for food, more than usual (alot more). He ate 24 large crickets and 12 pw,s and some salad. His usual before the MVB was about 12 pw's and 6-10 crickets and some salad. He is fat and happy though and has grown about 2" in two to three weeks.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
mas4nep":63be5 said:
Thank you I will try that, it makes sense. he actually ate 12 Pw's today if I put them on his slate floor which is brown so that makes sense. I put in a MVB this week and today he wents nuts for food, more than usual (alot more). He ate 24 large crickets and 12 pw,s and some salad. His usual before the MVB was about 12 pw's and 6-10 crickets and some salad. He is fat and happy though and has grown about 2" in two to three weeks.

Blaze is eating way better too.. now that we put the MVB in. I'm glad I upgraded, isn't it nice??

mas4nep

Original Poster
Yes I am, he seems to be doing alot better with the MVB intead of the repti-sun 10 and best of all I don't need another light for heat. The MVB does it all. It took me a week and a half to get the MVB,stand, and deep dome but it was all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom