Donation System to the Rescues/Rehabbers on the Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
After reading Rosebud's posts, and the posts of a few others who rescue beardies that require extensive medical care, I was wondering if there is a way to set up some sort of donation system to these fine folks?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
There isnt anything like that in place at the moment but its a good idea.I will bring it up and see what the others think and if it is even possible.

-Vicky

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think that is a good idea as well. Monetary help for rescuers definintely is needed.

Tracie

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Each rescue or organization should really look to use PayPal. It's not something I can easily get in the middle of, though. Money needs to transfer into their accounts, and not into mine. It's possible to be setup, but it would take some significant development, as I'd have to have a way for a rescue/user to link their BD.org account to their PayPal account (not credentials, just the ID for their account on PayPal), and then I'd have to have pages that would prompt users for the donation amount. It's possible to do, but it's a bit of an undertaking.

-Alex

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
beardie":d432c said:
Each rescue or organization should really look to use PayPal. It's not something I can easily get in the middle of, though. Money needs to transfer into their accounts, and not into mine. It's possible to be setup, but it would take some significant development, as I'd have to have a way for a rescue/user to link their BD.org account to their PayPal account (not credentials, just the ID for their account on PayPal), and then I'd have to have pages that would prompt users for the donation amount. It's possible to do, but it's a bit of an undertaking.

-Alex

I can only imagine all the work in just the programming aspect of what you want to do. That's why I never got into programing, I'd want to shoot the computer into tiny, tiny little bits and walk away from them, never using it again.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":8da2b said:
I can only imagine all the work in just the programming aspect of what you want to do. That's why I never got into programing, I'd want to shoot the computer into tiny, tiny little bits and walk away from them, never using it again.

HAHAHA!

I remember trying to learn SOME programming language in college...omg - the hours I spent on some of the projects made me so angry!

beardie":8da2b said:

-Alex

Yeah, it sounds like a huge task. Well, if you ever feel like doing a project maybe then, otherwise, no worries.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Why couldn't their just be a post with the email addresses used for each rescuer? In other words - title "donation information"

It could be added to by the owner of the thread and made a sticky. Any rescurer could then sign up to be added or could be nominated by someone. Then just put a link to paypal on there. People can go into paypal on their own with the receipients email address (could created one just for donations to protect privacy).

Voila

Yes, the paypal thing works with just an email address as long as the recipient has set up an account. That idea definitely has possibilities. I've never noticed, though, does paypal allow for monthly payments? I'd have no problem "adopting" a rescue and sending support payments. Seems the irony in this day and age is that those of us fortunate enough not to be suffering financial problems (knock on wood and I'm thankful to be so blessed) don't have the time for all the creatures our hearts want to save. Those that have the time and patience, unfortunately, don't have the funds. But if we all put what we have together (whether it's being a member of the rescue train, being a rescuer, supporting a "refugee," etc.) maybe we can make a difference.
What we need is a database that is voluntary, and searchable by interest. For example, someone could choose to enter their first name and email and check the box "Rescue Train," which would mean they were voluntarily joining the rescue train. Searches would be done by interest and state to narrow down the list of people who could help with a particular problem. Each entry should also have an open ended description field where people could enter more detailed information that would show when the list was displayed.
It's just a thought for managing volunteer services.
Jessie and Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom