Domestic behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.I recently got two beardies and i just checked,they are both females,im not sure if thats a good or a bad thing,i dont know if their behaviour towards each other will be affected,any opinions on that? the people i bought them from said theyre about 3 yrs old.Im obviously doing research on whats best for them in any way possible,but the one thing i want to know is how do people get their dragons to roam about the house freely?In all honesty,im very afraid mine will scurry off and get lost or eaten or something terrible.From what age or stage or whatever does one train them to be ok in the house,and how do you do it?

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I wouldn't say that I "train" mine. It's more of me letting them roam around while keeping an eye on them, I never leave them unattended. If any kind of training happens it's not on purpose, there are places that I do not let them go. So I will move them away from there and sometimes they seem to understand "if I go there, she always moves me" so they stay away from those places.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I will add that none of mine, even my Leo's, get to roam unless they have pooped. I don't want to have to worry about messes on the carpet! :lol:

Georgie2015

Original Poster
ok,thank you very much,please answer just one more thing ive noticed now.Toothless is sitting under the light with her wouth slightly open,whats the meaning of this action?I do spray them from time to time,maybe not often enough,could this be a sign of dehydration?

SukiLove

Juvie Member
It's a perfectly natural way for them to regulate their body temperature . If she becomes too warm she will move, but there is nothing wrong with it. :)

Georgie2015

Original Poster
Sukilove,please provide me with your email address,id like to send you a picture of my setup and maybe you can give me a bit of advice?For some reason i am unable to email you using the icon provided. :angry5:

Georgie2015

Original Poster
i will most definately change the sand for tile and get a steamer to sanitize the tank,there is a slight odour at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom