Doesn't seem to like his viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleG

I don't know what it is. Everything seems right. I have a reptisun 10.0 that runs the whole length of the 75 gallon tank. I have a nice basking site set up so he can get about 8" from the reptisun I also have a platform on the cool side so he can get close. The temps are good. 75 on the cool side, 95 on the hot side with a basking of like 110. He is on ceramic tile as a substrate. He eats well on dubia nymphs, crickets, silkworms and phoenix worms. I offer veggies all the time but he is not interested yet. I give him herpavitive 2x a week and calcium on dubias and crickets. He poops everyday. He is young, hatched on December 1st. I have had him for about 3 weeks. I guess it could be relocation stress. But he looks brown with a little bit of orange when he is in his viv and has some clear stress marks. Once I have him out for a little while he turns mostly orange with a little brown. His head and arms go from brown to a bright orange. He also turns more orange when he is sleeping. It seems that there is something with his viv that he doesn't like.

I have read that they turn darker to absorb more sun but he stays the same color on either side. I don't know. I am going to take him to a vet I think. Anyone have any suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks

//Kyle

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Your temps sound good. How big is he? The only thing that I can really think of is maybe he's feeling a bit overwhelmed with such a large viv. It sounds weird, but I know that a lot of babies get stressed out having such a large space to live in. Would it be possible to put a divider in to make the actual living space smaller until he grows into it a bit more?

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
my lil fella thor when i first got him late last year all he did was hide in the little bush for a while i left him for the first 2 weeks to get use to everything then the next week or to i start handling him while my arm is still in the vivarium so he gets use to 'The Hand'. then i try to handle him everyday mostly when i feed him so he puts together hand = food. so now hes pretty good with it all comes sits on his longs and rock some days he just siting under a rock at the back a don't see him much. and other days he right out in the open. so don't worry about it if hes nowhere to be seen but it does take time to adjust. but if he s always hiding pick him up show him some love and he should come around. if not get a box of crix and sitting out int he open and wait for him to run to em then feed em to the lil guy. it worked for me now hes always out hoping for the sympathy vote for me to give him a few more. his eyes up bigger than him belly

i expect spelling errors im not a english teacher, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom