Doesn't like calcium powder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
Tiberius is being rather finicky with food lately. The other day, I dusted his veggies with calcium powder and he just looked at me like "...what is this?" and didn't touch it.
I fed him the next day, but didn't put any powder on it and he started digging in and ate the whole bowl!

Is there a spray type of calcium I can put on his veggies and crickets? He wont touch anything with the powder on it ;A;

maybe he just doesn't like it on salad. if not for crickets either maybe try another feeder with the powder on it and see if he will eat it. good luck

VogueStar

I had this issue with mine also. I never gave up though. I just tricked them. At first I would only put a little. Then I would put a normal amount sprinkled on their salads, and turn the leaves over so they could actually see the calcium [ or at least it wasn't obvious]. I also would take their favorite salad foods, and sprinkle it on and give it to them. If they really want their fav. foods they'll learn to eat it dusted. Just keep it up and they'll come around and get used to it. Mine now eat their dusted salads no problem.

mostlyharmlessnj

Hatchling Member
Sangheili":1l53hrak said:
Tiberius is being rather finicky with food lately. The other day, I dusted his veggies with calcium powder and he just looked at me like "...what is this?" and didn't touch it.
I fed him the next day, but didn't put any powder on it and he started digging in and ate the whole bowl!

Is there a spray type of calcium I can put on his veggies and crickets? He wont touch anything with the powder on it ;A;

http://www.petco.com/product/108569/Zilla-Calcium-Supplement-Reptile-Food-Spray.aspx

Meginsanity

Hatchling Member
The spray that mostlyharmlessnj posted is what I use (along with the vitamin version) for my beardie Loki. He actually doesn't mind the powder at all, but I find the spray much cleaner than the powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom