Does your BD eat rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventyGTX

Hatchling Member
I really enjoy letting our BD outside in the dry Nevada desert here, but after a few minutes, she starts eyeballing rocks, sand, chicken poop, etc. Anything that can, WILL go in her mouth. So, I end up taking her back in the house for fear of impaction as I have read. Do they all do this, or is my girl a "special case"? You would think nature would tell her what and what not to eat. :?

TRoe13

I know they lick everything to help them discover what things are, but not sure about actually completely eating stuff... mines never done that.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
I constantly have Boba Fett outside with us. He has never ate anything weird like that, he likes to dig in the dirt.. but it wouldnt surprise me if she did eat something that she isnt supposed to. Dragons r funny like that!! :lol: :lol:

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
omg, i have caught Mr Dargon eating small rocks on several occasions. i always have to watch him and pull him away.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Yep my boy Pepper finds rocks very tasty. The last time I let him out on gravel I found myself wrestling a large stone from his mouth just before he swallowed :shock:

Haven't found a way to stop him other than keeping him away from stony areas when he's outside... that really doesn't help you though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessyMay
Top Bottom