Does this sound normal to you?

noella5088

Juvie Member
He woke up a week ago and were waiting for a poop. A day later, he drank a lot of water on his own. Today, he was out and about and went the biggest watery poop and normal looking urate. All of his poop was watery. (Not panicking over parasites yet.) I'll wait and see how his 'poop' is next time to see if it's watery the next time. Then I'll take that sample to the vet.
However, is this normal for a beardie that came out of brumation? Watery, well hydrated poops?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He woke up a week ago and were waiting for a poop. A day later, he drank a lot of water on his own. Today, he was out and about and went the biggest watery poop and normal looking urate. All of his poop was watery. (Not panicking over parasites yet.) I'll wait and see how his 'poop' is next time to see if it's watery the next time. Then I'll take that sample to the vet.
However, is this normal for a beardie that came out of brumation? Watery, well hydrated poops?
Not sure on that --

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I'm not the most experienced, but my two cents:

The poop is going to reflect what the beardie ate or drank. If he filled up on water but didn't necessarily have any fruits, veg, or bugs...it's going to be runny. And sometimes it takes a week or two (or three) after waking up for beardies to get back into their regular diet. If it's still runny after he's back to eating regularly before worrying.

If he doesn't start eating normally soon or if he does start eating normally and his poop is still runny, then I might start getting to the bottom of it.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not the most experienced, but my two cents:

The poop is going to reflect what the beardie ate or drank. If he filled up on water but didn't necessarily have any fruits, veg, or bugs...it's going to be runny. And sometimes it takes a week or two (or three) after waking up for beardies to get back into their regular diet. If it's still runny after he's back to eating regularly before worrying.

If he doesn't start eating normally soon or if he does start eating normally and his poop is still runny, then I might start getting to the bottom of it.
He has drank more water than greens. He ate greens in the morning and doesn't show any signs of wanting to eat in the evening yet. I offered, he'll stare for a few minutes, deciding if he wants it or not. He'll turn his head away. So I don't force him to eat when he doesn't want it.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i think he is fine then. it sounds like what is going in matches what is coming out.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i think he is fine then. it sounds like what is going in matches what is coming out.
He became happier when he went. Sat in his bath getting cleaned with some warm water and some dragon safe soap. On his body and on his tail. He's not squirming or moving around like he was before he went. He ran all over the living room floor. Lucky I have no carpet. It would have been worse.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Eating on his own...for the first time today...

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_111115404_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240305_111115404_HDR.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240305_111043462_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240305_111043462_HDR.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 19

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he is eating today! I hope he is feeling better. His colors look nice there.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom