Does this look concerning?

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Our beardie does have Coccidia. He is on
20230702_095231.jpg
20230702_095220.jpg
the 2nd round of treatment but I've never seen it this orange/red before. What causes the orange urate? He has been eating more mealworms lately if it's something to do with digestion but temps and husbandry are just right. Thanks in advance!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This orange color is fairly common. What vitamins do you use? Did you give him any type
of foods that are this color or liquids?
It definitely is not blood though. It is possible just from the medication it could be causing some
slight discoloration.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

This orange color is fairly common. What vitamins do you use? Did you give him any type
of foods that are this color or liquids?
It definitely is not blood though. It is possible just from the medication it could be causing some
slight discoloration.

Tracie
Thank you. The only supplement I give him is calcium without D3. Should I be giving him vitamins as well or d3 at 4 months?
FB_IMG_1688070309664.jpg
20230629_190519.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yes on the vitamins. Give 1 to 3 times per week, once your beardie reaches adulthood 1 to 2 times per week.
I use the deli cups that supers or bubias come in to dust. In one is just calcium, and in the other is calcium and multivitamins mixed in equal parts. I just use which ever one I need on a given day. If i am using liquid i only use calcium, the multivitamins stink to high heaven and taste horrible, my guys refuse to take water if i mix the multivitamins in it. (I only use powered multivitamins as a result.)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, those are some great pictures of him!
When giving a vitamin, be sure that the vitamins you get have Beta Carotene in them instead of
synthetic vitamin A so it doesn't become toxic.
Calcium without D3 is perfectly fine. The disoloration is most likely due to some type of food he is
eating. How often do you give calcium for him?

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
This is at adulthood correct? Mine is only 4 months so only currently giving calcium with no D3.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Wow, those are some great pictures of him!
When giving a vitamin, be sure that the vitamins you get have Beta Carotene in them instead of
synthetic vitamin A so it doesn't become toxic.
Calcium without D3 is perfectly fine. The disoloration is most likely due to some type of food he is
eating. How often do you give calcium for him?

Tracie
Thanks! Yea hes very photogenic lol. I give him calcium every day except Fridays and Sundays. Is there some vitamins you can suggest? I have some at home I will look at when I get there. Also I don't think the discoloration is due to food because the only veg he eats are greens right now. And bugs are dubias, mealworms, crickets, bsfl and waxworms

Last edited:

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Yes on the vitamins. Give 1 to 3 times per week, once your beardie reaches adulthood 1 to 2 times per week.
I use the deli cups that supers or bubias come in to dust. In one is just calcium, and in the other is calcium and multivitamins mixed in equal parts. I just use which ever one I need on a given day. If i am using liquid i only use calcium, the multivitamins stink to high heaven and taste horrible, my guys refuse to take water if i mix the multivitamins in it. (I only use powered multivitamins as a result.)
Nevermind I see. It's different amounts per age. Thanks!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom