Does she need the vet Immediately??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Hi y'all I'm wondering does she need to see a vet ASAP? Strange lump in her armpit appeared today! Please see pics.
Affected armpit
89de5f9a.jpg

Front View
1b6d7dbb.jpg

None affected armpit
aeec27ee.jpg

Her head (so u can see her fat pads on her head)
2f4d40ae.jpg

Does she seem to be in any pain with it? Does it affect how she moves or her daily activities? Will she let you touch it and it doesn't seem to hurt her if/when you do so?
Sorry for the questions, it's just the easiest way to see if there is something seriously wrong, or if it is just a fat deposit... from your pictures I'm not quite sure what it would be, but if it is causing her problems then I would get her checked out by a vet. :)

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Did that just appear over night? Could she have gotten a bite from a cricket? I know they can leave nasty bites and get infected. Is it red at all?

Since her fat pads are sunken, she could be dehydrated. I woul give her a nice warm bath for about 20 minutes, this might help if the bump is hurting her too.

A vet trip may be necessary, but you can start with getting some bentadine so add to her bath and polysporin or even non pain relieving neosporin and see if it helps at all.
If it doesn't go down any or gets bigger, I would suggest taking her to the vet.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her fat pads on her head are not suken at all on her head (she is regaining weight right now after laying a clutch of Unwanted eggs a few months back (she had been housed with a male in her previous home before she ended up at the rescue where i got her from) and had been taking her sweet time to regain what she had lost) she has been gaining weight Quiet well over the last month and is looking A lot different then when I got her! She gets a bath for 30mins every 2 days I don't think that's it! She does not try to get away when I touch it she does not wince her eyes or show any signs of pain it does not seem to interfere with her movement and she does have a small similar looking thing on her other armpit but it's not as big. I NEVER leave live food items in her tank I feed her live slightly squished crickets so they don't run away so its not a cricket bite. From what I've seen it looks and feels like a fat deposit (feels like the part of their "jowels") (the part of their "cheeks" under the spikes and feels squishy) she's eating normal acting normal nothing out of the usual. I can't say if it was "over night" that it developed as we have had family in from out of town and for the last 2 days I have not taken the time to examine every inch of her as I usually do I have just quickly held her given her pettings and cleaned her tank and fed her. There is no redness or marks anywhere near the area (any redness u see on her face is due to raspberries from her salad she tends to have Everywhere but all red things went away after her bath after the photos were taken.) so other then the squishy every think else about her is Completely normal! Does this all help I'm More then willing to answer Any and all questions to get to the bottom of this.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Im sorry, i thought you put the pic up because her fat pads were sunken.
do you knkw how old she is?
It could be just a fat deposit, but it could also be something more serious. Someone elses beardie had this and it ended up being cancer. A vet opinion wouldnt hurt, but i would pm one of the moderators on this site. She is very experienced and knows beardies well. She will be able to tell you if she needs to be seen by a vet and all the possibilities it could be. Im not sure, as ive never had experience with something like this.
Drache613 is her username, and her name is Tracie, shes amazing. Just send her a message with the pictures and she will tell you exactly what you can do. She has helped me so much, and many many others on this site. I call her heaven sent.:)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's 4yrs old. The one with cancer said it was a hard lump like a marble Rubys is a soft squishy it literally just feels like the under belly like its fluid. I was worried about abscess. I will pm her thanks! I spoke to the rescue she said she doesn't think it's an emergency and to watch today and if it gets bigger to head in to our vet which we will!! Thanks :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh and hehe no I posted the pic to show that she's not a skinny beardie. Just thought it was something that may have helped!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it looks like its a fat deposit :) I'm all good with that :) she has been gaining weight lately and it seems she just got 1 beardie boobie at a time because now she has 2! They are even on both sides now :) thanks to those who responded! its official I have a chubby beardie :D

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Yay! So glad to hear its nothing serious!!

I personally LOVE chunky beardies :) their so cute!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
RubysMomma":h8522ygc said:
Well it looks like its a fat deposit :) I'm all good with that :) she has been gaining weight lately and it seems she just got 1 beardie boobie at a time because now she has 2! They are even on both sides now :) thanks to those who responded! its official I have a chubby beardie :D

Yes I'm fifty-something and suppose to be a mature woman but beardie boobie made me giggle out loud! So glad it's just that. My beardies have that too and I'm not calling them fat deposits any longer.....beardie boobies :laughhard: too funny!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dragonlover3 hahaha my 3yr old thinks its pretty funny too so I guess it's good for All ages lmao!! I belies she's going to shed again too soooo weird she just finally finished and her she goes again, guess gaining a lot of weight within like a month will do that! I believe she's going to shed again because I caught her "eye bulging" today YUCK sooooo freaky thank goodness I had already read up on it!!!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Oh! Eye bulging....whew! I was new to beardies, had read about it but hadn't ever seen it before. I walked by my Talon's tank and thought his eyes were going to blow out. I grabbed him up just as I realized it must be eye bulging. I startled him pretty good in the grabbing too! :lol:
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hahaha I just walked over and she must have sensed me because she stopped right away and tilted her head to look at me like "what can't a girl have some privacy in this house?" lmao YES she's a Diva!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom