Does my bearded dragon look underweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spgargano

I was told at the pet store to feed my bearded dragon 6 crickets twice a day. After looking through forms i've realized that thats not the case at all and am worried she may be underweight. I am going to feed as many as she wants for 15 minutes like i've read about, unless someone has something better to tell me. Also should i put calcium powder on the crickets for every feeding? I see mixed reviews, and are there any vitamins I should additionally be giving her besides the calcium on crickets and veggies? Thanks for the help and here are some pictures, I believe she's around 3 months. The weird looking stuff on her leg too is just some shedding skin btw.

95195-6552823949.jpg

95195-8814216624.jpg

95195-3330218201.jpg

spgargano

Original Poster
Honestly I don't even know what age she is, I based it off of what the pet store people told me and I now know I can't trust them. I think she was about 6-7 in around when I first got her and now she's somewhere around 10. Also if anyone knew what type she was that would be cool too!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. She is a cute leather back :D Yes she defiantly needs to be fed 2x to 3x a day. You can also try Phoenix worms, silk worms and dubia roaches. Just make sure that no crickets are bigger than the space between her eyes.

spgargano

Original Poster
destiny1998":wbkakrte said:
Hi. She is a cute leather back :D Yes she defiantly needs to be fed 2x to 3x a day. You can also try Phoenix worms, silk worms and dubia roaches. Just make sure that no crickets are bigger than the space between her eyes.

Thanks! Is leather back the morph? And so your saying she definitely looks underweight? Ive been feeding her twice a day but only about 6-8 each feeding because of what the pet store lady told me. So definitely gonna feed her a lot more.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
She looks fine, but you defiantly want to feed more. I mean once she gets settled in it won't be unusual for her to eat a 150 crickets a week even more.

spgargano

Original Poster
destiny1998":qd680u39 said:
She looks fine, but you defiantly want to feed more. I mean once she gets settled in it won't be unusual for her to eat a 150 crickets a week even more.

Thanks for the help! Is there other vitamins i should give her/him(i think i just found out she's actually a boy this morning haha) And any idea on the age based on the size change? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom