Does my bearded dragon have MBD?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I’m concerned my beardie might have MBD. There are no other signs of it other than both sides of his jaw. Which look to drop slightly. When I pull his jaw back I can see it kind of curves. PLEASE let me know what you think. Any questions let me know.

Thanks.

full

full

full

full

Hope those images work. Let me know if any issues.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post more body shots - what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb and is it a coil or tube?
Why do you think he has MBD- is he having issues eating?
Karrie

MattBuckley45

Original Poster
KarrieRee":v2fn1nkq said:
Please post more body shots - what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb and is it a coil or tube?
Why do you think he has MBD- is he having issues eating?
Karrie

He is acting completely fine in himself. He looks a little dark in those photos - it’s just the lighting. I use a tube Exo Terra UVB 200 and all heatings are correct. There are no other signs then his jaw in the photos. On both sides his jaw kind of sloops down and when I pull it back it’s kind of Orange ish. The bottom side of his jaw does definitely seem to drop on both sides. Eating completely fine and does exercise.

MattBuckley45

Original Poster
KarrieRee":o25gm1c5 said:
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php is this what your using?
Karrie
Thanks for your quick replies. No I am using The tube one, this one. The 36 inches across the tank. However I do wonder if he has MBD along his jaw from when he never used to eat his veggies. He would never eat greens for, well the first couple years of his life really. Could that have contributed to it - if it even is MBD. Hopefully I’m just an over worrying pet owner.

https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-uvb-200-tube/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I have not heard of that brand what is it for tube either the T 8 or a T 5 and where in the tank is it? top of screen or inside the tank? I can recommend a good bulb to replace that one w/ - if your bulb you have now is a T 8 it should be replaced every 6 months if its a T 5 once a year but I do recommend this bulb the Arcadia 12% -- they are very good - I am going to have 2 others on here look at your dragons jaw -- how old is he? Also distance plays a key role in those bulbs thats why I am asking
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree that your dragon looks fine and from your description of his activity it seems that way as well. I have never heard of that uvb bulb, I've used the Exo terra 10.0 t8 for years but never the 200. I wonder why it's not for sale in the U.S.

MattBuckley45

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies guy. Yes I change it every six months. The photos don’t do it justice really, both sides of her under jaw kind of drops down and does feel soft. Her jaw doesn’t look like other bearded dragon jaws. I’ll post some more photos to see if that helps.

full

full

full

I hope you can see it kind of drops on his under jaw.

Thank you everyone.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I see that it is dropping I wonder if its just her-- if no other signs of MBD are showing then I am thinking its not MBD but AHBD would need to determine that -- is your UVB inside the tank? It should be if its the T 8 they are not strong enough to go thru a fine screen mesh if that is what your using and it should be approx 6-8 inches from basking decor--- if its the T 5 bulb it can be on top of the screen mesh but the screen needs to be wide holed like a dime and distance for that would be 8-10 inches -- your UVB plays a huge role in MBD ---
Karrie

MattBuckley45

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1iqlbknc said:
I see that it is dropping I wonder if its just her-- if no other signs of MBD are showing then I am thinking its not MBD but AHBD would need to determine that -- is your UVB inside the tank? It should be if its the T 8 they are not strong enough to go thru a fine screen mesh if that is what your using and it should be approx 6-8 inches from basking decor--- if its the T 5 bulb it can be on top of the screen mesh but the screen needs to be wide holed like a dime and distance for that would be 8-10 inches -- your UVB plays a huge role in MBD ---
Karrie

This is my UVB setup. I understand it does and I tend to keep on top of UVB but it does seem strange and it does seem a bit almost crusted, and looks a bit orange when I pull her jaw back.

full

Thanks again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so is it on the back wall? And does it have a reflector on the fixture?
Karrie

MattBuckley45

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2js7v2sb said:
Ok so is it on the back wall? And does it have a reflector on the fixture?
Karrie

It dangles high up against the back wall as the fixings are snapped but definitely covers the whole Vivarium. What is a reflector?

Thanks,

Matt

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Matt it would be best to suspend the uvb bulb from the top but not back against the wall. At the side angle the uvb can really bother their eyes over time. So if you can get it attached to the top that would be an improvement.

And sometimes if you look at something + analyze it to long you see problems that aren't really there, I think his mouth is fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom