does anyone feed their reptiworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantw429

i have a wine cooler and they say that they will last for months in there so i was thinking i might just order a really large amount to get a better deal and save on shipping. but i doubt any bug could last that long without food. what should i do about feeding the repti/Phoenix worms?

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I just got some too. The web site says not to feed them because they will grow faster if you do. If they are in a wine cooler their systems are slowed down alot so I dont think they will need food.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member

hi :)
Last time i got my Repti's i ordered a 500 count instead of the lower 100 count. So that time i sifted them out of their bedding at put them in Cricket Meal, like Bran, as a food source. I dont know whether or not that did anything or it fed them, they perplex me anyhow lol. Seeing as how they are errrrrrrr, maggots, (larvae ... prettier word teehee) lol, i would THINK they would eat on anything, but since what they eat goes in our beardies, i would assume some greens or even dog or cat food, baby food? anything on the up and up that you wouldnt mind your beardie ingesting ...
Its a GOOD QUESTION, i have been asking myself this question for a long time ha! Im going to try and find it on the Repti and Pheonix website, but i think i looked and it wasnt mentioned .... soooooo, im not too much help!!! BUT i would think that would be one way to give them a food source, so i just personally go on the side of caution and put them in a cup with Flukers Cricket Bran food that you can get at PetSmart if i order more than 100. :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
Seems like most people go through them so fast, they dont need a feeding. But my beardie Blue doesnt go through them AS fast as she eats supers and salads too, and she is a funny eater, so i tend to keep them longer than the average joe i think!
This week will be my first order of from PheonixWorms instead of RepitWorms so i dont know if they are packed in anything different or packed in food, i know the Repti's are in that black soil packing material. I will see what the Pheonix are packed in and let you know if its any diferent.
Much Luck!!!
~Emily

z71

Reptiworms has very specific information about feeding on their website under FAQs.

http://www.reptiworms.com/info.php?faqs&sid=jcafnlcz

The bottom line is you only need to feed them if you want them to grow larger. They don't need food to survive for a few weeks, and you should really only order as much as you can use in a few weeks. Otherwise, they will eventually start turning into flies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
OR ... that! what they said :)
lol.
i forgot about the mash you could make.
i have never made the mash, but i do use the Cricket Bran :)
Best of Luck!
~Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom