Does any One have problems with their Cat and Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
It sounds like everyone has some pretty good advice based on their experiences, and their unique animals. I have four cats and a beardie- and have not had a problem yet. I have an open-topped tank (hanging lights) and occasionally I will find the cat curled up under the CHE or UVB. Dragon loves it- thinks Jackson is a portable cuddle toy. We introduced them early and made sure the cat got over his initial interest early. My other cat, Tot, has never shown any interest in Dragon either inside or outside the tank. Be sure to watch them early to gauge how interested they are in each other- I would rather see you be too overprotective at the start than too lax and have something happen to either of them.

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Breeds would def make a BIG diference here. Bengals are closer to being a wild cats than our domestic cats are. Ragdolls are bred for companion temperment, for being a mellow lap cat. It also depends on how strongly you dislicipine your cats, too. Mine all love the beardies cause they're mine & weird. Every animal is different, too. Our baby beardie is being brought up with the cats & he could care less-"Umm Warm & Fluffy". My cats are all used to the large amount of fostering I do & they could care less about any new critter I bring in. I would def recommend a strong locking lid for your viv, though. I did forget to close mine recently & found a cat sitting next to the beardie. So...I would rethink the breed & stick with something a little less "wild". Personally, i think cats & beardies can get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom