Does a Bearded Dragon need to Poop Before Brumating?

Asher3105

hello! my bearded dragon who is 10 months in like a week or two is going into brumation, and has basically stopped eating and hasn't eaten much for about a week, but at the same time, hasn't pooped in about the same amount of time. Should I make sure he poops before I fully let him brumate and turn off his lights? I've heard it can be pretty bad if they brumate on a full stomach.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably a good idea to give him a chance to go beforehand if you can, but I haven't seen any negative effects of not going before brumation begins. I wouldn't worry about it all that much. He'll go if he needs to.

Asher3105

Original Poster
It's probably a good idea to give him a chance to go beforehand if you can, but I haven't seen any negative effects of not going before brumation begins. I wouldn't worry about it all that much. He'll go if he needs to.

Hey! I'm very sorry for the late reply I thought I already had replied! he's in his last soak now before I turn off his lights, just to give him one more good chance to go. thanks for your reply and again I'm sorry for replying so late!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom