Does a bd's hide cave need to be under basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHM1020

Hatchling Member
Basically what the title says. I have a stone hide cave, but i hear they are supposed to be on the cool side of the tank. I always thought they should be on the hot side of the tank because if it still wants heat but, just a little less heat it can stay on the hot side and go in the cave. And then if it wanted to completely cool off, it can go on the cool side. Right or wrong? After i finish building him his last piece of furniture ill post up pics :mrgreen:

Eljay

Hatchling Member
you can put it anywhere you like! if you think it would be better at the warm end then stick it there :) I have mine at the cool end at the moment but I am pretty sure it makes no difference. maybe try both for a few weeks each and see which end of the tank your beardie prefers it on :)

Eljay

Hatchling Member
my guy likes his, but he preferred it at the cool end of the viv.

see!:
39931_425318558598_513713598_4873105_6573266_n.jpg

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
My beardie only ever goes in his hides to sleep at night and then it doesn't matter if it's on the hot or cool side, because his lights are out anyway.

MrHM1020

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
K thx guys. i moved my hide cave right in the middle of the viv and he started sleeping there lol. Guess he likes it warm not hot or cool. :D

Frito

Hatchling Member
one of mine has 1 hide at the cool end and uses it at night only, the other one has two one on the cool and one in the middle and she never uses either ever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom