Do your Bd's hate to be disturbed after they are asleep??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had bds before and my son has one now but this one is the first to show me this side. Scooby is fine with being picked up when he is awake but after lights out he freaks out when he is picked up. The first time I picked him up after he fell asleep was to move him to his blanket, he threw a fit. The fit consisted of him thrashing round a bit. But last night it was about an hour after lights out and I went to put him in his blanket and he jumped, thrashed and then hissed. He even hissed a few times after I put him in his blanket and covered him up. I found it to be cute but I know it was very stressful for him.
I normally have him sleep on my chest in his blanket but the last nights I was unable to do that.
Do any of you have bds that go into such a deep sleep that they wake up scared or ticked off?
valerie

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Behavior]

Oooo, I do! I DO!

Regardless of how long he'd been asleep, Pookie startles very easily and would literally jump when woken up.
I have to first call his name, repeatedly, then very lightly touch his back until his eyes crack open a slit.

The only time he 'acted out' when he was rudely awakened was when he had just dozed off, and Zim (my Husky) accidentally touched him while he slept on my bed. I had never seen such a freaked out beardie before and was sort of in shock to see Pookie run around on my bed. When I went to pick him up to comfort him, he freaked out even more and even turned around and bit me on my chin. It was a really nasty bite too, where blood kept gushing out and left a funny imprint (wasn't funny at the time). Dum-dum me finally realized that he couldn't see what was going on (the bedroom was dark), despite my calling his name. I turned on the lights and he finally calmed down enough for me to pick him up.

So yeah, Scooby isn't the only one ;)

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You are so right. :blob5: :blob8: He was in the dark, duh me. I would be scared out of my mind too if I was picked up by someone in the dark out of a sound sleep.
Thanks for your advice, I will heed it. [ He thanks you too]LOl
PS maybe I can avoid a nasty bite.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
My female freaks out really bad.. she puffs up..hisses..and bites very hard (draws blood) .. so I just leave her alone and make sure she has had time to wake up in the morning before touching her.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow, that is a very big deal in your house. Lol She is a very hard sleeper!!!
It's funny how they are all different.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Yes... YES.

Okay, this has happened a few times with Fred...
1. Early morning, I went to turn the beardie lights on, I turned her lights on and she gave me the evil eye... To this day, I believe she is still plotting a scheme to get back at me! :shock:
2. Once she was taking her normal afternoon nap. So, I opened up her tank to which she darted up, giving her best black beard. Usually, I calm her down by rubbing her head, so I stuck my hand in, and went towards her head, she backed away and hissed at me! That was the day that I decided to let her have afternoon naps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom