Do you let your dragon roam around your floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you imagine what Chief and Havoc could accomplish in the same house? :shock: :mrgreen:

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
LoL!!! That would be hillarious to see them together. No telling what they would get into.
I had no idea that a small reptile would take over our lives and be the boss of us. But we wouldn't trade the little monster in for anything in the world. I am just glad they can't talk, then they would just yell orders at us instead of giving us that glare and mentally directing us to be their slaves. Almost 40 years of believing in the hierarchy of the food chain to be reduced to a Beardie slave, lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Dragons control me all the time, they also outnumber me 4-1 :mrgreen: And don't forget cuddling, I have to juggle the outside time & the cuddling, having 4 males, they sure keep an eye on me. I love weekends when I don't have anything much to do, then I spend time with each of them, which I miss during the week when I'm at work. They keep me busy all the time, wouldn't change them for anything.

hkitty138

Hi I just wanted to thank you so much for the interesting information! I am currently a new mommy to a 3 month old. Beardie named peanut she's a member of our house and we consider her our baby. We had a beardie named dracula who died from compaction last year on my bday I still can't believe she's gone. Tthe pet store. We bought her from. Told us to use the calcium sand and looking back she would kick sand when she digged and seemed like it was in her eyse and breathing funny all other things as well. She meant the world to us and she is greatly missed! I feel that she didn't stand a chance and noone could of helped her. Towards the last days it was the saddest she was bleeding from her but and throwing up and extreamly weak and couldn't even hold her head up. We will never use sand again!!!!!! Beware!!!! Rip dracula

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi hkitty138. I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. There are alot of us on this site that keep telling new owners to get rid of the calci-sand. I used to use it but switched to repticarpet after reading some horrow stories on this site. I also use newspaper for the dragons who like to poop in their tanks. Very easy to change & the ink doesn't rub off on the dragon. My Rubio, who's 3 yrs old, has been on newspaper layers all his life. When we got him he was 3 mo old, 24 grams and missing digits from his left front & back paws. So I helped him to heal & from day one put newspaper on the bottom of the tank. I found that it retains heat, so for them to sleep on it, its very comfy. But the easy clean up is my biggest reason for using it. It's easy to find, easy to put down, all positives & no negatives.

Have fun with your new baby, you should start a thread in introductions & if you do, let me know. I love to follow little babies, their growth, eating, all the good stuff. And to let you know, Rubio is now 22" long & weighs 782g :D Here's a pic of him smiling, it's my favourite pic. The other 3 are more normal lengths, 17-19" and from 394 g to 536g.

2010003-1.jpg

Everyone smiles when they see this pic, but you can see how big her is compared to other dragons. Yet he ate the same amount of food the others did, so don't know where the bigness came from.
Deb :D

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Yup, I let all 4 of my dragons out to roam around our 2 beardie proof rooms, living room and the connected computer room. One at a time of course :D
Amanda

shelbync

We put Louie by the storm door to sun himself. He'll dart back toward the middle of the living room when he is ready to get back in his cage. No problems whatsoever on carpet, and he hardly even glass-dances while looking outside either, although he has had stare downs with a cardinal and squirrel in the past.

Funny thing the other day, it clouded up a bit, then without warning, no lightning, thunder, etc. at all, Louie darts back quickly because it is pouring pea-sized hail. He had a puzzled 'what the heck' type of look.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
The privilege to roam is earned and EASILY lost... :lol: I have a few dragons that are extremely chill and they are allowed out when ever they want and to punish the others I make sure they roam around where they can all see them. :twisted: A few of them are too fast and even though they mean nothing by it they are just too curious for their own good and the speed makes it a problem. The bigger slow ones just hang out and only a few of the babies are allowed to roam.

A majority of them get to come out periodically and are held by one of the family while we watch TV or type on the computer and are allowed to roam near by but I do have some that you have to keep a firm grip on them and under no circumstances let their feet touch the ground. :shock: :blob8:

Brandonn

I let Bacon run around but he usally always goes to one place perched up on a pillowed on the couch in front of the window

2012-03-25_11-19-53_411.jpg

Brandonn

he is about 17 inches long and i have no clue what his weight is. I thought he was small I have seen beardies twice his his size.

sultan316

Original Poster
ahh ok ha. Well see min is only 7 months and not nearly that size, so anything is impressive to me haha. guess just looks a lot bigger

Brandonn

Lol. I'm not sure how old my dragon is. I have had him for a little over a week. I wish I knew about how old he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom