Do you believe Beardies get emotionally attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Nice to know I am not the only one who speaks in ridiculous tones to their beardie. I do wonder if my baby talk might affect their English language acquisition in the future, though. Don't want them to crawl up under their basking lamps one day and start speaking in gibberish. Maybe we should stop? No.

beardielove10

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hahahaha :lol: ^^^^

I also talk to my boys in high pitched voices and weird tones. Don't we all? That video killed me with cuteness!! How adorable :) I love when they do that, it makes my day!

acdcman75

Molly can sense people quite well. When someone she doesnt trust comes up near her she will run to me and climb my leg, or she will come snuggle next to me at bedtime to relieve whatever fear she has, not for warmth because she barely touches me, just because she knows I feed her and take care of her... they can sense more than people think... stick them in a tub I bet they will go crazy... then stop.... then when you look at them they will kick again... this is fear and frustration. Sometimes when I put her down she will refuse to let go, and when I set her down she climbs back up

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Aw. Molly sounds adorable and certainly very bonded to her human. Rosie and Kitty love to sit or lay next to me, too. This morning Kitty fell off her basking platform. She only fell about 5 inches but is really shook her up. She got a little frantic. I picked her up and cuddled her up in my neck. She calmed right down and immediately relaxed. I just held her a spoke soothingly to her a few minutes an then put her back in. She has been basking happily ever since. She is very bonded to us.

I think they do as I used to have a dragon and when I left his viv open and he used to come ask me for food by that I mean he jumped out of his tank ran upto me climbed up my leg and sat there looking at me then I fed him put him back and he used to climb back up my leg and lay on my lap snuggling in so I think they do have attachments I was told they have dog like emotions ?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom