Do you bathe your dragon if they are well hydrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi :)

Just wondering if you still bathe your dragon often if he/she is well hydrated?

Our dragon is not fond of baths LOL We bathe him anyway and do so when he is shedding.

His urates are always soft now that he is eating misted greens a few times a day and poops are well formed and moist and there is always some liquid around it.

So...is it OK to only bathe them once per week or even less under these conditions?

Of course, if there are other reasons to do so I would like to know :D
~Sherri

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
Sherri":v0zn78vz said:
Hi :)

Just wondering if you still bathe your dragon often if he/she is well hydrated?

Our dragon is not fond of baths LOL We bathe him anyway and do so when he is shedding.

His urates are always soft now that he is eating misted greens a few times a day and poops are well formed and moist and there is always some liquid around it.

So...is it OK to only bathe them once per week or even less under these conditions?

Of course, if there are other reasons to do so I would like to know :D
~Sherri

i do it anyway my berdie is well hydrated but it never hurts to be extra cautious
or instead of a bath just mist

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Darwin's finally started eating greens regularly (a turnip greens leaf a day, those things are huge!) and so his urates are pretty soft. He also hates baths, and will try to jump out 30 seconds in when he doesn't think I'm paying attention. I still try to get in 2 baths a week, partly to keep him hydrated, partly to wash off the poopy smell if he gets something on him, and sometimes mostly for being prissy at times :twisted:

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
randommonks":2kq5wg6e said:
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Darwin's finally started eating greens regularly (a turnip greens leaf a day, those things are huge!) and so his urates are pretty soft. He also hates baths, and will try to jump out 30 seconds in when he doesn't think I'm paying attention. I still try to get in 2 baths a week, 1/3 to keep him hydrated, 1/3 to wash off the poopy smell if he gets something on him, and 1/3 for being prissy at times :twisted:

lol use johnson no tear,mines smells really bad after he poops and i use that

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL...Razz gets as far away from his poop as he can immediately after going and just stares at me until it is cleaned up lol.

It is also surprising how far he can bend his own tail up while *going* :mrgreen: I mean, I don't want to imagine how disturbed he would get if any of his tail got in it LOLOL. He really keeps his tail up until he is well clear of the mess. They are clever little critters for certain. :)

Razz hated the misting as well :D I tried a few times, but he was not impressed. I do a very fine mist on his back and tail when they are shedding but he does not like it. Going to keep doing it until he gets used to it :)

Sherri

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Mojo gets bathed daily mostly because she hates me if I make her go in her viv :lol: She's so cute! Sometimes she will go as soon as she gets in and want right back out, other times she moves around a while before going.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I bath pig at least once a week, not only does it help keep her clean but it gives her a chance to drink. Besides, its a easy way to keep her contained while doing a good cage cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom