Do Veins appear in Eggs immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogsong

I was ready for a few. I just wasn't ready for a colony. But it's done, and they are all being well taken care of. Just because you breed them, doesn't mean you have to hatch them all, if you're only wanting a few babies. So you can't really tell someone that if they aren't ready for a "ton of dragons", they shouldn't breed them at all. :)

I do agree with you, though. If you aren't ready for it, definitely don't do it. Cost of feeders aside, which I have plenty of because I raise Dubias, thank goodness, they take up an extraordinary amount of time if you do it right. Keep their tanks clean, feed them right, bathe them, giving them each individual attention and handling so they are accustomed to it and not scared, and you can check for any problems. It's almost a full time job. It takes up most of my day. Granted, I'm slow because I have a chronic pain disorder, but it would still be a huge job for anyone.

But whether I was ready or not wasn't really my point. My point was that, and this is only my opinion based on my personal experience, of course, it's misinformation. Misinformation that could possibly be harmful.

Sure, the first clutch could be infertile. But saying the first clutch is "usually" infertile, isn't helpful. IMHO. At least follow up with the fact that that isn't always the case so if you're not prepared for a ton of babies, maybe it would be better to freeze the first clutch and only set the second. That would have been really helpful to me, because I had no idea what I was doing and went by what everyone was saying. :)

I'm lucky that I am home all the time and that I can take care of them all, but what if I couldn't? What if I could only afford to feed, house, and care for the few I hoped to get? What would I do? What would happen to those unfortunate babies? This is what worries me when I see people saying first clutches are "usually", and I've even read some people saying that they are "always" infertile, with no follow up to the contrary, as a precaution to the unwitting newbie, such as myself.

I wonder if maybe the infertile first clutches happen if the female starts developing the eggs just prior to breeding, and so aren't fertilized? Whatever the reason, because of misinformation, or maybe to be more accurate, limited or incomplete information, I ended up with more than I ever hoped for. I didn't, nor do I ever want to breed them to sell. I only wanted to experience the excitement and joy of the process, and because I have a few family members and friends who want one, so I wasn't worried about finding good homes for a few.

Someone actually suggested I call the local schools and offer them to classes so kids could learn about them. I actually gasped in horror at the thought. I don't know what I'm going to do with them all, but I do know they aren't going anywhere where they won't be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom