Do they recognize you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bels

Hi all

I always find myself wondering if my dragon recognizes me, I was wondering what others on this site think?

Do you think your dragons recognize you and if you do/don't, what make you think this please, I'd love to
hear your thoughts!?

Thanks!

B

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
I'd have to say yes. My babies didn't care for my mom when she came to visit her "grandchildren", including mine and Lucas's two cats lol. Taz just seemed stressed out and Kaira was not her out-going self. We are the ones who feed them, bath them, love them, etc. and I believe they are a lot more intelligent than some think.
Abi

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Definitely!!!!! My male doesn't like my daughter, he turns black and head bobs her every time. My female will run to the front of her viv whenever she see's me, it may be only to just be fed but she recognizes it's me that holds the worm bucket because she doesn't come to the front for anyone else! :D

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
whiskersmom":225da said:
Definitely!!!!! My male doesn't like my daughter, he turns black and head bobs her every time. My female will run to the front of her viv whenever she see's me, it may be only to just be fed but she recognizes it's me that holds the worm bucket because she doesn't come to the front for anyone else! :D
He doesn't like your daughter? I should say my male likes Lucas more than me...Kaira's a momma's girl. I've never heard of them showing that much "aggression" (for lack of a better word) towards a specific person. If one of the cats accidently gets in "their room", Taz is quick to head bob and then usually takes off to a corner of his cage...but he's not like that with humans.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I think it has something to do with the way she keeps her hair, always up, he really bobs when her back is turned!!!!! :lol: She isn't a bit afraid of reptiles, she's owned a few and was raised with snakes but she won't hold Whiskers because it's obvious that he doesn't like her!!! My Sophie is like your Kaira, a momma's girl!!!

they definitely can recognize things/and people. Im not sure if they recognize me yet, but one of them sure does know what that tube thing is for the cricket keeper. As soon as it enters the viv he is on it like blue bonnet and follows it around. Sometimes it makes a little difficult to shake out the crickets because I don't want to hit him with it

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I can walk into the room with Bogie basking on his rock and as soon as I speak he lifts his head right up and looks right at me. He really loves Katherine though>( doesn't everyone?) He will try to get on her no matter where he is. Maybe it's 'cause she lets him watch TV with her. :lol:

Sandy H

i think they do recognize people. Dizzie know's and i know that she doesn't like me when ever i put her on me she gets off and goes straight to my GF instead. ollie just like's everyone weather he knows them or not as long as they give him cuddles and stanley are youngest knows who we are. all of them will only go sleep on you though if they know and like you

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I believe that they do recognize people also.
Both of my beardies, I can stick my hand in and grab them and whatever, and they dont mind at all. my bf can stick his hand in their viv and they will puff up and hiss at him. Kinda funny.

Bels

Original Poster
Interesting to see everyone agrees so far that they do recognize people - thanks!

maddevil

:D :D Yes Wicked recognises me!
She loves both me and my girlfriend but she is a lot softer and sweeter with me. Whenever I go away and my girlfriend is at home with her she hides under her platform and sulks lol. She also stares over at me when I'm just sat watching tv as if to say ''When are you getting me out Mam?'' as she comes out for at least 2 hours every night.
She even knows her name! when I shout her she looks :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I believe they do. When I'm talking to my husband while I'm at work, he sometimes puts the beardies we have owned on the phone so I can talk to them. He's said that all of them have looked at the phone while I'm talking to them.

redline

i have only had bundy for a couple of weeks now and he is only young but he sure knows me, he tolerates others if they happen to feed him but he is completely comfy with me lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They sure can recognize people. I had a male who'd go absolutely beserk whenever my ex-stepdaughter was near their tank. He even tried to bite her hand once - from inside the tank! But he was fine with everybody else.

Pookie also definitely knows me. He'd turn his head to look at me whenever he's scared or confused about something, as if he's waiting for my reassurance. He also knows who Mr. Bear is (his teddy bear).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom