Do supers make a good staple....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Im asking this so i get a good answer because i think alot of us really want to know. Can you feed your beardies supers as a staple. What are the risks of feeding them just supers. As to crickets,roaches and other worms.

I use them because they never die on me and 1000 will last me over a month for the 6 beardies i have and only cost me $34 a month to a month and a half. They are very easy to feed and take care of and they dont smell.

I was going to take my guys off supers all together because id say half either have big fatty stores behind the front legs and are getting the big fatty jowls. Is this the cause of having supers as a staple in their diet? Lack of exercise? Could it be in their genes to get the jowls?

Thank you!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Not particularly good staples in my opinion. Granted, I have been using them for some time myself but need to make a switch.

They are very high in fat and Elliott is starting to show it. They can be a staple feeder if you alternate between them and something else like roaches or crickets.

I am not really sure how I am going to make the switch though. Elliott has come to love supers and refuses just about everything else.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
I myself am going to switch to supers along with increased veggie diet because these crickets are driving me to drink they get out/chew out of everything i put them in and they Die all the time for no reason what so ever, they smell terrible they are expensive to feed and not worth buying them when half of them die in a week and not to mention there is probably more around my house than in their box. Ive been told about 25-30 supers a week is a decent diet for an adult dragon, so im going to increase my veggie variety and amount for my guys and see how that works.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
MeatHead Stumpy And now Jasmine are on supers as a staple along with the daily variety of veggies and occasional fruit. They each get about 7-10 each a day. I prefer the supers over anything else due to how EZ it is to keep them. No mess, noise, escapes or smell and they last forever.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
Yeah so if your dragon is old enough/big enough I think its probably one of the best things atleast best in the way that its easiest to deal with.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
Roaches always seemed like there was alot of work involved keeping temps right and breeding them, I was going to do it but the prices and the guide i read scared me off lol.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I had been using supers as a staple for all 3 of my guys, but I just recently made the switch to dubia.
They LOVE them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom