Do silkworms need any humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesoda025

Hatchling Member
When my silkworms, which are teeny tiny right now (they just hatched yesterday) are ready to be moved to a bigger container, they will go in a set up that has a ceramic heat emitter over the container, because my house isn't all that warm. This may lower the humidity, I'm guessing, and so I'm wondering if silkworms need some humidity? Will a really low humidity be detrimental to them? I know that they need humidity when they're super tiny little things, and they are in an incubator right now, with the humidity at about 84%. It is going to be quite a huge difference when they're transferred out of it. I hope it won't be a big "shock" or anything for them.. But then, I don't even know if silkworms notice these sorts of things, really. :?

hammerhead

Juvie Member
No, the lower the humidity the better. Any humidity can cause mold and bacteria, which in turn can wipe them out. Any dead ones must be removed quickly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom