DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM REPTILE DEPOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbudelier

Dear Beardie owners: Beware of ordering anything on-line from Reptile Depot. I have had nothing but problems with them, and after doing some checking (after I ordered, of course) I discovered that they have an F rating from the Better Business Bureau in California and are considered to be a "very fraudulent" company.
I ordered a Solar Glo MVB on March 5th. After 2 weeks, I called to see what the status of my order was. I was told it was back-ordered, but a shipment was coming in 3 days later and mine would be sent out right away. 1 week later.......still no bulb. Called again, still can't send me one. I left phone numbers and begged them to call me if the shipment didn't arrive because I needed a light sooner rather than later. They promised to call. 1 more week....you guessed it....no call, no light. Left another plea to call me when someone knew something.
On April 7 I called again and was told that my light had been shipped on the 1st via USPS even though they charged me $11.95 for FedEx.
By yesterday, I STILL haven't gotten my light :banghead: I call for the 4th time, and after being put on hold for 5 minutes before I can even ask to talk to someone, gee, the only person who can figure out what is going on isn't in right now, call back later, and they HANG UP ON ME.
I called back later in the day and was told that my light had never been shipped, and maybe they could send one out to me next week :angry5:
I asked if that meant that someone had been lying to me all this time, and the guy said, "looks like it." No apology, no attempt to fix things.
I said to cancel my order and refund my money. They will cancel my order, but I'm not entitled to a refund.......they only do in-store credit.
My credit card company is going to dispute the charges anyway because I have absolutely no faith that I will ever receive anything that I may order from them.
The worst part is that I now have to start all over ordering a new UV light for Stych because his was pretty much expired when I started this mess!

remi1

Juvie Member
Man, that really sucks, but thanks for sharing. Good luck with the whole disputed charges thing. I'm hoping that you win and get your money back; they don't deserve it.

I agree about petmountain, I've had nothing but good experiences from them. I ordered a 4' reptisun bulb once and it arrived broken, so I called them up. By the end of that week I had a new one.

taransteve

Sub-Adult Member
I had the same problems with Reptile Depot.. I never received my order, when I called they would either be rude or just hang up... After a month, I called my credit card co. and they refunded my money right away.. Amex is really good about that... I can't believe these guys are STILL in business! I filed complaints with the BBB too and consumer affairs which I highly recommend..consumer affairs got back to me right away.. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/
So sorry to hear what they did to you too cbudelier.. lights aren't cheap not to mention that now you have to start all over again and wait another week.. :roll:
I say we turn our beardies loose on em....jerks! :whip: :protest: :bleick: :angry5: :angry5:

CarlosEFF

Same thing happened to me, and my T-rex bulb i ordered was defected and said I had to go through T-rex and they couldn't refund me. They are horrible and even a worker told me I'm sorry we can't refund you the owner is just in this business to make money.

lnicholson

Wow! What a crapy company (for lack of better word)! I ordered my reptisun and some other things from Petmountain.com and I received my order quickly and everything was fine. I plan to always order from them. Not to mention they have great prices and I can also order things for my guinea pigs. BTW when I ordered from them I ordered a few breakable items including the bulb and nothing came broken. My reptisun was shipped in a different box but everything got her fast and in great shape. I am really sorry about the trouble you are having with Reptile Depot. It's great that you are telling us so we can ban them.

fifthdawn

I had the same experience about a year back. They're just straight up horrible. I ordered a few items from them and never shipped it or responded to any of my emails, and was playing games with me over the phone. When I asked if they shipped, they said they have, when I asked for a shipping number, they gave me one. When I checked the shipping number, it didn't even work and when I called UPS, they said they never even sent anything out. I can't put into words how much I hate them. They were willing to refund for store credit, but what will I buy with the credit that theyll ship? I called my creditcard company and they easily disputed the charges. I've also heard that during reptile expos, their group only pay attention to you if you look like you'll buy something, they're pretty judgmental.

Anyways,
Reptilesupply.com has the cheapest price so I order all my food, supplement, decor from them. They also match prices of other sites if its cheaper.
Bigappleherp.com has amazing customer service so I order all my bulbs from them because I know they'll reliably and quickly exchange my bulb if it is damaged during shipping.
Ghann.com has the cheapest feeders I've seen so I order all mines from them. They only have crickets and worms though.
lllreptile.com is also good but I don't order from them unless there is something they have that the above sites dont. plus when you order bulk amounts, they usually give discounts so I do some shopping from them when I need stuff like cuttlebones or terrariums.

cbudelier

Original Poster
Well, I got another bulb and hood ordered for Stych. I decided to go back to the tube fluorescent UV instead of a MVB. I also decided to go with a longer bulb so had to get a longer fixture, too. Hopefully he will soon have adequate lighting again. I went through LLReptile, and agree with everything you all said about them. I have ordered from them before and had great luck and service.
Here's to a happy beardie! :blob5: :blob8:

taransteve

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry you had so much trouble for your first use with the MVB.. that stinks

Glad you finally got a bulb for beardie :D

better run for cover... beardies + UVB = crazy happy hungry beardie! :whip: :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom