DO NOT BUY FROM REPTILECITY.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted everyone to know about my bad experience with reptilecity.com. I purchased 1,000 crickets from their site in December. I waited for 1 and a half weeks before I called to ask if my order shipped. It took me a couple days for anyone to even answer my phone call. When I finally got through, they said my order was being shipped the next day and I would get a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number. I never received an e-mail so I called back a couple of days later. He said my order was shipped and he would e-mail me with a tracking number. I never received my tracking number so I called back the next day to get it. He gave me a tracking number that belonged to someone else across the country! I called back and he said someone else messed up and he was going to get my tracking number and never called back. I called several hours later and guess what???? NO ANSWER! I called the next day and he said he had to refund my order. I have been wasting all this money on Pet Smart's crickets for the last few weeks waiting for these crickets! I'm furious and now I still have to buy crickets at Pet Smart while I try to find a reliable place to order crickets. I just wanted people to know my experience so they don't have to go through what I did.

Does anyone know a reliable place to get 1,000 small crickets??? (I live in New Jersey so it is really cold now)
Can I feed small Reptiworms to a 2 month old Beardie? Just trying to make things a little cheaper because I am spending about $40 a week just on crickets!!!

Thanks,
Nicole

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Try coldbloods.com They are on Facebook and the phone number is 781-679-0663. If you call, the guy's name is Courtland, you may leave a message and he'll get back to you. Very good prices and service. Ship overnight, the crix themselves are only $8 per1,000 plus shipping. Can't beat it. They are in Kingston, Mass. Oh, and yes, you can feed repti worms to your baby.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, it's a real saving to get them by the 1,000. I get them sent next day rather than 2 day in this weather, even though it costs a little more, you can't beat the price. Just call and check on the availability of that size. He'll tell you what he has.

nicolenreakus

Original Poster
That's awesome that they will be sent in this weather! Can't keep spending $40 a week! My little guy eats like 75-100 a day!!!

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Ghanns has the best service and crickets I have come across.

If you can catch a local repile expo, that's even better ( no shipping costs)

nicolenreakus

Original Poster
No problem. I just placed an order for 1,000 crickets online from Ghanns. We will see how it turns out. They guarantee their crickets will be alive even in the cold weather for over night shipments so that's one of the reasons why I went with them. It's been very cold in Jersey. Does anyone have advice on how to keep them alive? I ordered food and have a water source. Just need to figure out substrate.

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
I went and got a $5 tote the with a lid cut a hole in it placed screen over the whole went and got a small dome light with a 65watt bulb and egg carton, toilet paper rolls :D change food and water daily and I change the cartons once a week to keep the smell down. If the smell bothers you change more often.

I just go to the mom and pop pet store in my little town they order me 1000 crickets for 35 bucks and they come the next day on one of there trucks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
blizowman, if you order from Ghann's or Coldbloods.com, you get your 1,000 crix for less than half what your'e paying, and it comes to your door next day. I use them both, but I switched to coldbloods.[ they also guarantee live arrival] for a while when Ghann's was out of large crickets. Ghann's were trying to beef up [ so they say] their stock because of the cricket virus that has shut down some cricket farms, so for a while they didn't sell large , they held them back for extra breeders in anticipation of the potential nation-wide cricket shortage. It's best to have more than one supplier because of the cricket virus, which wiped out the acheta domestica breeders in Europe already.

well for one ....that's 35 dollars no shipping...you may buy 1000 off ghanns for 12 bucks but you'll probably pay 25 for shipping....I've ordered from premium crickets before and I het me dead ones off internet than I do now.....and two its about 20 degrees outside so they wont ship them to me but I don't have to worry about that with mom and pops store cause the truck is loaded with fish etc..and delivered that day so for me im saving lots of money 35 is reallygood for 1000 cause no shipping and no hassle

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, that's a good reliable source for you, and sometimes crickets shipped are DOA...but I've been ordering for many years, many many,1000's and even in the cold [ we are at 10 F at night] they come in alive when overnighted. But you are still getting a good deal along with the peace of mind that there won't be an airport delay.

nicolenreakus

Original Poster
I just got 1,000 crickets from Ghanns for 30 bucks including next day shipping. It's really cold here also. The crickets are excellent and lively. I have had them housed for three days now with no deaths! These crickets are way better than the ones I used to buy at Petsmart. I will definitely be ordering from Ghanns again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom