Do large eggs take longer to hatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Hey so my first clutch ever started hatching on May 2, and the last one (so far) hatched May 5. There are still 4 eggs though, the 4 biggest eggs! I thought they would be the first to hatch, but then someone mentioned that because they are bigger it would take more for them to heat up and therefore develop slower?

Has anyone else experienced this, the larger eggs taking longer to hatch? Or not hatching...:(

Are the babies from large eggs normally larger?

Anyone ever have twins?

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
This is no help but I'm in the same situation. Almost all of my eggs are done...except for the last 3 large ones. They looks they should be hatching anything though..but then again I've been thinking that for a week :)

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol same! This is so frustrating! I thought for sure they would hatch first! I swear I can see a little dragon inside though when I candle them so I hope they are just being stubborn! I'm going to check on them right now...lol

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
2 left to hatch. One of the large ones hatched last night. The eggs are at 70 days right now. Gees it really does take longer for larger eggs...and the same size dragons.

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
1 left :) and this big boy is all stretched out and thin looking now. I expect the babies will start eating anytime now. I'm keeping greens in there at all times so hopefully the will start munching on it before long. I think I'm going to give it till tomorrow before I try the crickets again unless they start showing signs of being hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom