Do I need to take her to a vet? Help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-r

Original Poster
This is my 3 month old bearded dragons foot I received her with a toe nip that looked a bit infected. I have been soaking her foot in diluted betadine, spraying with vetericyn & giving her baths daily. Do I need to bring her to a vet or will the toe fall off & heal by itself. Please let me know asap

Adam-r

Original Poster
This is my 3 month old bearded dragons foot I received her with a toe nip that looked a bit infected. I have been soaking her foot in diluted betadine, spraying with vetericyn & giving her baths daily. Do I need to bring her to a vet or will the toe fall off & heal by itself. Please let me know asap
3BA745CC-02FA-4791-80B1-CB1630F33663.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Adam, I can't say for sure but the foot looks pretty good for having the toe mangled so you've done a good job with the soaking in betadine + Veterycin. It may or may not fall off but one thing to check, is the " ankle " area. Is it swollen compared to the other back foot ? Can you post a pic of the other back to show the contrast as well as a couple more angles of this foot ?

Adam-r

Original Poster
52D7261C-930E-4108-8F13-041708905D15.jpg
Hi Adam, I can't say for sure but the foot looks pretty good for having the toe mangled so you've done a good job with the soaking in betadine + Veterycin. It may or may not fall off but one thing to check, is the " ankle " area. Is it swollen compared to the other back foot ? Can you post a pic of the other back to show the contrast as well as a couple more angles of this foot ?
8D9572AB-78F5-41E7-8628-DAE3D5E9E6F9.jpg
BA061C51-309F-420C-9D78-252092155BDD.jpg

This was her foot the day I got her, here are some other pics of it now & her other feet for comparison.

Attachments

• 3575F92A-D5CF-4920-9072-A45EBC1B3E91.jpeg
    3575F92A-D5CF-4920-9072-A45EBC1B3E91.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 67

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, overall it doesn't look bad at all, not like some that have been pictured.
For now, just continue to keep it clean daily & keep an eye on it. The toe might just heal up & he wont even
lose it at all.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom