Do I need to clean my feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakobus

So I use Black Solider Fly Larvae as feeders and they come in this container with little specs of what looks like sawdust. My beardie is about a month old (a wee little guy) and I'm worried about him eating the sawdust that the worms come in. They often get stuck to the side of the worms so what I have fed him (it's not a lot since hes brand new and not eating too often) gets brushed off before feeding.

Do I have to worry about getting all the substrate off of them?

Is there an easier way to get all the worms out of the substrate?

I tried to dump them in a bucket of water because I was told that they float but the ones that I did put in (maybe 50) all sunk to the bottom with the substrate. Any help would be appreciated!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I use a kitchen strainer to rinse them off. Then I dump them onto paper towels and dry them so they can't climb out of the feeding dish.
Something like this you can find at the store, find one with a mesh that is not too fine as you want the tiny holes to be big enough to remove debris without the worms going through it. You could probably use a colander that doesn't have too big of holes in it too. Just gotta look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom