Do females do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom seems to think that my Drago is a girl now. We noticed at about 5.5 months he had small little bumps on his back legs so I assumed it was male and has been since then. For some reason, she thinks Drago is a female because the bumps now, at about 8.5 months and at least 12.5 inches, don't seem that prominent to her. I think they're very noticeable. My real question is; Is billowing the 'beard' and puffing it up and turning it black or dark colored a characteristic of only males? Drago does this often, sometimes when nobody's around. I'll walk into the room, and when acting all hyper and he'll sometimes blow up his beard and it turns real black. He's normally really docile and chill, except when he has hyper moments or if he's shedding, which he does ALL the time. Is it normal for them to shed every two to three weeks, or does that just mean he's growing healthy?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Both boys and girls do it.
The best way to tell if he is a he is to lift his tail at a 90* angel and looking for two bumps or one. You can also take a pic if you aren't sure and get opinions on here as well =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom