Do Bearded Dragons naturally hate snakes or other reptiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little cousin was over today and he forgot his toy rubber Cobra and left it right next to my Bearded Dragons tank when it was just laying there my Dragon was staring at it very seriously not keeping his eyes off it. I know it was wrong to do this but I was curious what he would do so I made it slither near his tank making it move very slowly and boy did he puff up and open his mouth an action I never seen him do before. Then after a while he stopped puffing up and opening his mouth and just started scratching the tank and licking it what would've happened if he wasn't in the tank would he attack the rubber cobra? Me and my Dragon are back on good terms though I put the Cobra away and took him out and spoiled him by petting him for about an hour lol. I'll never tease him like this again this is just something I was very curious on what he would do.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Hello. This sounds very interesting :D
I'd Imagine in the wild snakes are a very common enemy for BDs! It could be hard-wired into their mind to become defensive when they see them.. It sounds plausable I think?

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
Yeah I bet they are natural enemies, as a baby beardie wouldn't have a chance against a snake, and vice verse for baby snakes! they share a lot of the same territory so they would be likely to come in contact with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom